PDA

View Full Version : Woolfgang & Poorboy`s comparison

CamV6
05-08-2005, 06:48 AM
Ok, here`s a question for you fellas from a relative novice.

Bearing in mind i live in London, England, and that i`m talking about using these products on an (new) Avus Silver TT, would you guys generally recommend Woolfgang or Poorboys paint sealants?

I intend to use Collinite IW845 as a final layer to either choice as I can often only spare the time for a quick wash.

Which of the two will give me the best longevity of finish and the best weet look/deep gloss.

I`d presume that either one will last just as long as the top IW layer infact lasts? Although I have heard a comment that the Woolfgang can have a tendancy to lose its depth after a while.

If I`m gonna go for the Poorboys, should I Polish first using Poorboys Polish with Carnuba or Poorboys Professional Polish?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cam:wavey

Richt
05-08-2005, 07:18 AM
Hi Cam

I have both the Poorboys EX`s, EX with Carnuba and EX-p. Not had a chance to try the recently reformulated version off it. I have also just recently been using Wolfgang.

Poorboys EX with Carnuba and the Wolfgang both have the softer warmer look, very carnuba like, where as the EX-p has crisper sharper reflections.

I cant really pick between the EX with Carnuba or the Wolfgang, the WG may be slightly glossier, both have loads off depth. The EX wins on appliction can be used wipe straight on and off if needed, WG needs 30 odd mins to dry and then needs to be kept moisture free for proper curing. So ideally needs a garage. On my Black car I feel I cant go wrong with either, depending on my mood and time scales.

Not used either on Silver for a while. When I did I have prefered EX-p. A couple off my family members have Silver cars and I cant beat the look of Klasse AIO topped with 1Z Glanz wax with an optional P21s topper.

No real evaluation off durabillty due to topping etc, but on here Wg is not said to last that long.

Polish wise before EX or Wolfgang I have been using the Megs range , AIO, and Clearkote bits, VM or RMG.

I believe one off the Poorboys ones is very alike to Klasse AIO, but both will be fine before EX or WG.

Cheers

Rich

imported_NHBFAN
05-08-2005, 10:11 AM
I predict PBs sealants would give better durability than WG.

drewski59
05-08-2005, 11:24 AM
I wasn`t too impressed by WG`s durability. Maybe 8 weeks/layer. Not what I`d expect out of a sealant. Oh well, I went back to Zaino since I can`t find any product line that makes me happier.

Zaino has probably the best durability of any product out there, it looks amazing, and it`s so darn easy to use.

Why not skip both products and go with Zaino?? It looks awesome on silver!

:wavey