PDA

View Full Version : Your rating

Superblackbird
05-07-2005, 09:13 PM
Bought a few WWMFT from Autopia..Wash it once before using and did a second wash after using it for drying up my ride.What i noticed it did not perfomed as well as i would expected of a WWMFT.Need to wringed after wiping a few sections of the car.Do you guys ever encounter the same problem?What is your rating for this WWMFT?Thanks.

:nixweiss :(

a.k.a. Patrick
05-07-2005, 09:47 PM
From my website.....

After the vehicle is completely finished, remove the nozzle from the hose end, and let the water exit the hose without any added pressure. Hold the hose a couple inches from the roof surface, and start at the high end of the vehicle. Chase the water across the surface with the flow exiting the hose. Run/sheet the water across the surface, and continue with the hood, and rear deck, and sides.

When all is said and done, open the hood and trunk, and let the remaining water sheet itself off while you dry the sides with a Waffle Weave drying towel. (At this point, some like to use quick detailers . Start at the top, and work your way down to lower panels, refold the waffle weave as it absorbs water, a 24x30 towel is generally all that is needed. You may want to follow in your other hand with a clean and dry microfiber 16x16 towel.

This will allow for complete drying with a standard Waffle Weave Drying towel.....

Accumulator
05-08-2005, 08:59 AM
I use WWMFs from both Autopia and MicroFiberTech. I find that once they get so saturated that they need wrung out it`s time to get out a new one (at least for the final wipe). IMO, once they get completely wet they will leave a little water on the surface. And getting completely wet simply means they`re doing their job; needing to be wrung out/getting saturated comes from absorbing lots of water.

Laundering can have some effects on the absorbency, especially if you have hard water and/or use the wrong detergent. I find that detergents such as MicroRestore really do work better on MFs than "regular" detergents and that some distilled white vinegar in the final rinse is also beneficial.

FWIW, I can`t use the "water sheeting method" that a.k.a Patrick described due to my boosted water pressure. This means it takes me more than one BBT to dry any of our vehicles (even the WRX we used to have), at least if I don`t use the CWB. I keep plenty of WWs on hand so I always have a fresh one if/when I need it.

Superblackbird
05-10-2005, 08:11 AM
Guess i did all of the above and i still need a second WWMF`s just to make sure that its totally dry.