PDA

View Full Version : Mothers "hot wheels" premium wax

waxnbuff
05-06-2005, 06:38 PM
has anyone used this liquid wax? it was given as a gift because of the hot wheels toy car. i`d like to hear the pros and cons on it and can i use it as a combo with???????????????????????

pin
05-06-2005, 07:14 PM
Would you be able to upload a picture of the back of the bottle? I`ve seen this in a couple of stores and the box is always taped shut. I`d appreciate the effort. Thanks.

drewski59
05-06-2005, 07:44 PM
I`ve used it before. It`s a one-step product, and it falls right between reflections and mothers carnauba. I believe Forrest said it is a nuba/synthetic hybrid, sort of like Poorboy`s EX.

I found it didn`t clean very well, so proper surface prep is necessary. As a topper, though, it is quite wet looking. From a distance, it looks as good as any high quality nuba, but I don`t like it up close. The reflections aren`t very sharp, and it leaves something to be desired. Durability is around 6 weeks.

:wavey

Alfisti
05-06-2005, 08:03 PM
It`s a good wax that I`d only use on dark colours...more warmth and depth...definite carnauba look.

I tried it on flouro orange (!) and it was disappointing...I tried it on dark blue and looked great.

There are better, though. Reflection (both classic and new), FX, NXT, etc.