PDA

View Full Version : More over NXT?

Mitchubishievo
05-06-2005, 01:56 PM
I keep reading threads where people put more wax on top of Meguiar`s NXT...can you really?!?! Let`s say I`m doing an exreme detail on a 2002 Spectra Blue Mica Celica with:

Dawn Wash

Z-18 Clay

Z-7 Wash

Poorboy`s SSR 2.5 (PC)

Poorboy`s SSR 1 (PC)

3 Coats Zaino Z-5 (w/ ZFx) with Z-8 in between (By hand)

3 Coats Zaino Z-2 Pro (w/ ZFx) with Z-8 in between (By hand)

Now, I wanna put wax on top, namely Souveran. But, can I put a coat of NXT and THEN Souveran? I like the way NXT can make things so smooth and reflective, but I was amazed with the depth Souveran gave (I used it before on the same car with nothing underneath). Can I do this?

continuing:

NXT (Apply: PC, Remove by hand)

Souveran (By hand)

Lenny
05-06-2005, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Mitchubishievo

I keep reading threads where people put more wax on top of Meguiar`s NXT...can you really?!?! Let`s say I`m doing an exreme detail on a 2002 Spectra Blue Mica Celica with:

Dawn Wash

Z-18 Clay

Z-7 Wash

Poorboy`s SSR 2.5 (PC)

Poorboy`s SSR 1 (PC)

3 Coats Zaino Z-5 (w/ ZFx) with Z-8 in between (By hand)

3 Coats Zaino Z-2 Pro (w/ ZFx) with Z-8 in between (By hand)

Now, I wanna put wax on top, namely Souveran. But, can I put a coat of NXT and THEN Souveran? I like the way NXT can make things so smooth and reflective, but I was amazed with the depth Souveran gave (I used it before on the same car with nothing underneath). Can I do this?

continuing:

NXT (Apply: PC, Remove by hand)

Souveran (By hand)

First of all, after the Poorboy`s SSR 1 & 2.5 I hope to hell you wash it again, just to make sure you have no residues that might interfere with the Zaino properly bonding.

Second of all, why would you want to top Zaino with NXT???? Perhaps I`m wrong on this, but doesn`t NXT have a mild cleaner in it? If so, you`re going to remove the layers of Zaino you would have just applied. I suppose topping with Souveran would give you some depth maybe the Zaino wouldn`t, but I`ve never seen a need to top Zaino myself.

Mitchubishievo
05-06-2005, 03:49 PM
You see, now that is something else I should`ve asked first :lol:. Well, lets say I`m just waxing a car(no Zaino here)... could I top NXT with some other wax? And on the Zaino I`ll just be using Souveran now...thanks Len!

JeffM
05-06-2005, 04:02 PM
NXT produces an excellent look. I would do a side by side of the topper and NXT alone before you do the whole vehicle.

You may or may not notice a difference/

...but ya, if you NXT after SSR 1, you can top NXT with a wax.

Gen2
05-06-2005, 08:08 PM
In the first place, NXT can be layered, the cleaner in it is so mild that it will not totally remove the previous coat of NXT applied. So if you apply 3 coats of Z2pro with Zfx, I doubt by layering NXT on top will remove the 3 coats of Z2pro. But again like bro JBM mentioned, it`s always good to do a side by side comparision before you do the whole vehicle.

05Sleeper
05-06-2005, 08:24 PM
I would not risk topping Z2Pro with NXT. It is just my opinion, but it is like putting 87 oct into your Porsche... some things just should not be mixed...

pat00641
05-06-2005, 09:27 PM
I topped NXt with both 26 one time and s100 another. The NXT and S100 combo is great.

wannafbody
05-07-2005, 11:04 PM
some people do top Zaino with NXT due to NXT`s ability to hide minor surface imperfections-be careful with mettallics NXT tends to mute darker mettallics a bit