PDA

View Full Version : Another what did i do wrong?

Dvs Ndn
05-06-2005, 01:03 PM
i was washing the bottles of my Z-2 Pro with Zfx and wanted to wash it wash throughly and i did with Dawn dish washing liquid i was using warm to hot water and shaking it with the bottle half full with water. i did a couple of times to get what little Zaino was left and let it dry and the next morning i got this. What did i do wrong?

Shredhigh
05-06-2005, 01:09 PM
I haven`t used Z my self but based on my understanding of it, it`s pretty potent. You may not be able to wash out the bottles...dawn may not be able to brake down the components within the product like it does grease...that would be my only guess...what is the white substance...greasy? dusty? could it be the residue that was left over...maybe a pipet would clean it out if it`s just dust...i wouldn`t go after it with water again though...

Dvs Ndn
05-06-2005, 01:17 PM
its not greasy its more powdery substance left on it, well on the ZFX instructions it said to wash it out with regular dish washing soup so i thought Dawn would be good enough.

holland_patrick
05-06-2005, 01:26 PM
it look`s like you need a bottle clear..

like the ones for baby bottles.

imported_Burlyq
05-06-2005, 01:35 PM
Why two bottles just curious did you detail a fleet of cars, lol? It`s no big deal the bottles with Pro do not clean up like the old Z, it has no effect on future applications. You can used those stained bottles over and over.

TheDon
05-06-2005, 01:50 PM
I`ll have to check the documents again, but if you add the ZFX you have a short window to clean the bottles out if you want to reuse them.

I think that any unused mixture of ZFX and Z2 has like a 12 hour shelf life or something like that.

I gues the trick is like holland_patrick said. Get the remnants out of there, fill it with Dawn, shake vigorously, and then scrub it with one of the bottle cleaners (like a pipe cleaner).

Don`t forget to get it out of the cap as well, and good luck getting that done.

Get some backup plastic bottles, like I had to do.

erockoneskee
05-06-2005, 03:20 PM
Yeah there is a 12 hour window after mixing. If you try and wash out the bottles after this 12 hour window is up, the polish + ZFX mix will be stuck in there and the bottles have to be thrown away (according to Zaino`s website).

benpocock
05-06-2005, 03:57 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Zaino is a bit of a mission to use? Mixing products so they work, leaving heaps of time for additional coats, washing the bottles after use...all of that totally puts me off even trying their range, no matter how good it may be...

Ben

Mochamanz1
05-06-2005, 05:03 PM
I suggest, if washing bottles doesnt turn you on, try this site;

http://www.sks-bottle.com/340c/fin26a.html This site has 2 oz bottles. Cheap enough not to feel bad about tossing.

or this one;http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=USPlastic&category%5Fname=14952&product%5Fid=15129

This site has only 4 oz bottles, but at less than $.50 each, the price is nice ! why let bottle washing prevent you from the enjoyment of trying a great product system?:bounce

Edit: If you squirt a little bit of Z6 into your bottle, and shake the remnants of your Z2pro vigorously, it will thicken enough to squeeze the last bit out for use.... Do not do that with Z8, it does not work! You can then toss the bottle with little waste and only be back by tiny bit of change....:xyxthumbs

These are a cheap alternative to washing bottles, and if you hate doing it as much as I, it is worth the money...:xyxthumbs

Dvs Ndn
05-08-2005, 05:27 PM
thanks guys for your help. i used 2 bottles and try different methods on both and got the same results, i always wash the bottles right after i`m done so that 12 hour rule didn`t apply to me. I just wanted to see what you guys do to clean your bottles cause i felt that i was doing it wrong.