PDA

View Full Version : Need advice - clay or polish or ???

superstein61
05-05-2005, 02:22 PM
Hi, I need some advice on how to clean up a somewhat neglected 1997 BMW for my wife.

Let me first note I will be trying Zaino (Z2 pro, ZFX, and Z6) on my new S60R - so I would like to use it as well on the old BMW.

But I need to clean up the surface first. Done a bunch of reading here - do I have this right

Wash

Clay with lubricant

Dawn Wash

then Zaino

or do I need some type of polish step to better clean up the paint after claying ? If so, what product would I use for that.

Just not sure the clay will take care of removing all contaminates / oxidation, etc.

Thanks

Jngrbrdman
05-05-2005, 03:50 PM
You need to use some sort of paint cleaner. The clay will take care of some of the contamination, but it won`t remove oxidation and problems like that. The dawn wash isn`t really necessary after clay either. The purpose of the Dawn is to remove the oils and waxes from previous work. Since this car probably doesn`t have any wax on it right now, especially after you clay it, then the dawn isn`t a necessary step. I would recommend getting a paint cleaner like Klasse AIO or something first. Many Zaino users have had great results by preping the surface with AIO prior to Z2.

superstein61
05-05-2005, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the input.

Where would be the best place to find The Klasse All In One product? Is it primarily something I need to order online - or do some OTC places typically sell it.

Jngrbrdman
05-06-2005, 09:17 AM
Its only going to be found online generally. Google it and you`ll find a hundred online stores to buy it from. :bigups