PDA

View Full Version : ive gone to far

Andy69
05-05-2005, 12:21 PM
I read autopia every day and seem to keep asking what the best combo is for silver all the time, so apologies if youre sick of me within my few posts :o

The problem i have now is, with so much advice of differing opinions ive ended up buying a whole collection of products that are probably all designed fo rthe same job.

Sitting in my (specially assigned ) kitchen cupboard are the following;

P21s Paint cleaner

Autoglym Pro polish

NXT wax

NXT booster spray Wax

Carlack 68 (klasse AIO)

Poorboys EX with Carnuba

1z Glanz Wax

P21s Carnuba

#16 mirror glaze.

Im not going to buy anything else so am going to select from the above what to use, which im thinking will be Carlack 68, Poorboys Ex and 1z Glanz

What do i do with all the stuff that i dont use? what do you guys do with all your redundant products? Do you keep them and try different combinations each time to see what works best?

Jngrbrdman
05-05-2005, 12:24 PM
I save my extra products for different colors. When I started gathering products I just had a white car and a beige car. After figuring out what worked best for me on those colors I starte experimenting on other cars with the products that I had accumulated. It eventually turned into a little business for me. ;) You may be on the road to part time detailing.

grt1today
05-05-2005, 12:30 PM
You`ve got some good products there. I would just simplify your technique until your ready for more products and how they differ. Pick up an abrasive polish- FP2 is a good one, if you need heavier go with the IP. You already have AIO, that`s your chemical cleaner. I would add either SG or UPP on silver. Then if you want too later on just top it with the P21S. Ths will give you a good idea of what all these diffrent types of products will do for your detailing process. You don`t need to spend anymore money right now. After you figure out what you like then check out some new products... :xyxthumbs

JaCkaL829
05-05-2005, 12:39 PM
I would keep all of them and play around with different combos till you find "the one" combo that is most pleasing to your silver car. I know whenever I get my Maxima(hopefully soon), I`m going to be playing with a couple different combos and see which one I like the most during the summer.

Like you, most of the members and I have a couple (actually a lot) different polishes, sealants and waxes. You just have to see which one fits your needs the best. If you feel you want to try something new, there is the sample exchange under good deals, so you don`t have to buy a whole bottle of something to try it out.

Mochamanz1
05-05-2005, 03:06 PM
You have enough in your arsenal to have some great experimentation Ahead. Try some of the stuff you have in different combo`s in your next few details, I am sure one of them will rock you ! Whatever winds up the combo containing the EX/carnauba combo is what I want to hear about.... bet that rocks !

Just my .02 :)

rollman
05-05-2005, 04:56 PM
Like everyone else said , save them and try some different combo`s. You could then trade products you don`t like for something new . I`m sure you could find some fellow UK autopia`s to trade with . Good luck :buffing:

stainbuster
05-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Andy,

You keep your detailing shtuff in the KITCHEN cupboard???

LOL, good luck on your detail.

Why not just use various combos on various panel to see what you like the best? Make sure to leave one panel bare - for ultimate comparison.

Mike

Mochamanz1
05-05-2005, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by stainbuster

Andy,

You keep your detailing shtuff in the KITCHEN cupboard???

Mike

And why not? Some of my products cost much more than most anything I eat ! Why, MY products deserve the BEST location with all my other most valuable posessions.....We all have our priorities !:laugh: :2thumbs: :laugh:

Hey Andy ! :xyxthumbs

My wife makes me keep MY stuff in my cabinet though...:cool:

stogie1020
05-05-2005, 07:14 PM
I run an orphanage for wayward car care products, and am always willing to harbor your un-wanted, un-used, un-loved products. I have a policy to never turn away a car care product placed in a basket on my front door step. Yes, I just care THAT much.

sniff, sniff......

Steve530
05-05-2005, 07:31 PM
You should pack all the products you don`t plan to use in a box a mail then to me. I`ll PM you my address. ;)

Seriously, just play with the stuff. The great shine is rewarding, but trying different combinations is at least half of the fun.