PDA

View Full Version : Claying question.

liquidtiger720
05-05-2005, 04:08 AM
In an effort to save time, is it possible to clay the car and leave the detail spray on the surface to dry up? After this, I would go to polishing...but I always wondered if the detail spray residue would mess with the polishing compounds. If not this way, how do you save time while claying the car?

White95Max
05-05-2005, 05:58 AM
I wouldn`t leave it on there. Yes it would just be polished off, but there may be some particles suspended in the QD from the claying process. You don`t want to get those in your pads and spin them around on the paint.

Odin Mz3
05-05-2005, 05:37 PM
Some people clay their car with soapy water, this way you dont really have to wash the car again since you do it while you clay. Just make sure you wash the car before, then clay with a new solution. You might want to give it a try.

Tundra_Jim
05-05-2005, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Odin Mz3

Some people clay their car with soapy water, this way you dont really have to wash the car again since you do it while you clay. Just make sure you wash the car before, then clay with a new solution. You might want to give it a try.

I use soapy water, but I also still wash again after claying... better safe than sorry... :nixweiss

SkeptiKal
05-05-2005, 08:55 PM
Yea I wash as well after I finish claying.

The thing I noticed is that a simple solution of car shampoo and water turns the clay funny.

Something that I didn`t find using the quick detailer.