PDA

View Full Version : Zaino, 3M SMR, touch up paint-- order

mataku
05-05-2005, 02:14 AM
Hey guys, Summer is rolling around and I want to get my game plan in order. My car needs to be touched up as their are scratches and chips in the paint. It also needs to be deswirled. And lastly I`m getting the zaino kit. I`ve read up quite a bit, but I need some advice as to the order which I should use all the products

first here are the products:

Zaino Wash

Prepsol

touch up paint

3M SMR

3M Perfect it rubbing compound (fine grit)

Dawn wash

Clay bar

Zaino ZFX

Zaino Z-2 Pro

Z-6 detailing spray

So bascially I was thinking wash car with Zaino, then PREPSOL the touch up spots. Apply touch up paint, wet-sand, 3M FINE GRIT, SMR.

wait a few days

Dawn wash

Clay bar the whole car, SMR whole car.

Zaino wash?

then the whole zaino layering

Basically I want to check the order in which i do the DAWN wash, the SMR and the Clay. Should I Dawn right before zaino polish? will dawn effect SMR? Please help me organize everything?! :nixweiss

o and I should mention this will be all by hand since I can`t shell the money for PC after the zaino, MF and everything else.

mataku
05-05-2005, 09:07 PM
rats....

s2skimon
05-05-2005, 09:52 PM
i dawn

dry

smr

clay

re-rinse

layer zaino

why i clay after ? i`ve experienced some particles surfacing after smr work..

just my 2 cents..

mataku
05-05-2005, 10:22 PM
ARGH.. so many products.

So after reading a bit, i`m interested i Poorboys SSR. I`m thinking of getting the 2.5 and the 1. Are these two products good to go with Zaino? And is there something I should use between the Poorboy and Zaino?

Bill D
05-05-2005, 10:29 PM
Wash car.

Clay car.

Ensure previous wax/sealant is removed.

Determine type and degree of paint defects present on finish once dried.

Use the least aggressive polish and pad combination, to produce defect free results: what ever it/they may be,what ever personal needs and preferences dictate your choice of such.

With Zaino especially, ensure any oil, filler, film etc is free from the finish i.e. totally "naked" paint. Probably a good idea to always follow through with this step no matter what brand of polish you chose to remove the paint defects.

Proceed with the Zaino application process.