PDA

View Full Version : First time using a paste wax

pin
05-05-2005, 01:09 AM
Thanks for checking out my first thread on autopia.org. :D The wax for discussion is Turtle Wax Platinum Series Ultra Gloss paste wax. I tried it on my car, a 1992 Ford Probe, after claying with a Clay Magic kit and washing with Meguiar`s DC Car Wash. I had also used some No. 7 white polishing compound in a few areas where the clay didn`t do the job I wanted. Now, I was using the foam applicator that came with the wax. It felt like it took a lot of work to apply full coverage. I was applying a small amount of wax on the applicator and I tried to keep using it until it seemed like there wasn`t much left. For removal, I used the more plush side of a Viking MF drying towel. It came off extremely easily and didn`t make any dust. I would greatly appreciate any constructive comments, criticism, and suggestions. :up

White95Max
05-05-2005, 06:02 AM
It may have been difficult to apply because of the paste. I vastly prefer paste waxes over liquids, but I haven`t tried the Turtle Wax paste. It may be harder (and more difficult to spread) than other more expensive boutique waxes.