PDA

View Full Version : Vroom MF`s OK to use for polish removal?

ZCarGuy
05-04-2005, 03:53 PM
I just bought some Menzerna Intensive Polish and Final Polish II as well as a jar of Pinnacle Souveran. The kit only came with 2 MF`s for removal of product. I just bought some Vroom detailing MF`s a couple weeks ago. Im not sure if there is a huge difference between these and say the MF`s from PakShak but can I use these and will they be soft enough and safe for my paint? I will place on order soon with ExcelDetail or PakShak but for now I was hoping to use these.

Thanks,

-Ryan

III
05-04-2005, 07:20 PM
I would be very careful with using these on your paint. In my opinion there`s a big difference between the vroom towels, walmart`s towels, and sam`s club towels compared to quality vendor towels. Do you have any vendor towels to compare the vroom towels to? If so, you will first notice that the vroom towels are smaller in size. Also, the vroom towels are not as plush, and seem to be a little bear in thread count compared to vendor`s towels. Another test is to get the vroom towel wet and wring it out as best you can. Do the same with a vendor`s towel. Now, hold the 2 towels up to a light source and you`ll notice that more light passes through the vroom towels.

ZCarGuy
05-04-2005, 07:52 PM
I did receive some Viper MF`s with my Menzerna-Pinnacle kit from CMA. I got 2 of them but that isn`t enough. I will try to check out Autozone for the new Meguiar`s MF, which I heard were very good for OTC MF`s. Those will have to do until I place an order at ExcelDetail

Thanks,

-Ryan

imported_truzoom
05-04-2005, 07:56 PM
I`ve used the Vroom towels for removing polish and they work fine without leaving scratches or micromarring.