PDA

View Full Version : Introduction, some SSR questions, and plan of attack

quiksilver81
05-04-2005, 03:41 PM
Hey everyone, this is an awsome forum here. I`ve been reading around this great forum for a little while learning what seems to be the best products and proper procedures and learning about the PC. Well heres what I have to use right now that Ive collected over time:

-PC7336

-Advanced Contant Pressure orange power pad

-(2) Advanced White Polish pad

-SSR2.5

-SSR1

-AIO

-Zaino Z5 & Z2

-P21S

-NXT

-Menzerna Finishing Touch Glaze (dont really use)

-Menzerna High Gloss Acrylic Shield

I know how to use everything but the SSR which I just got. My questions about SSR2.5 and SSR1 is how much product is needed to do say a 2 sq foot area?

Is it better to put the SSR right on the car or on the pad?

Is there any wait time needed until you wipe it off?

And what speeds are recommended for the SSR2.5 and SSR1?

I plan on detailing my girlfriends car which is a Cayenne red metalic Camaro and my brothers red Trans Am. I will then eventually do my car over again since I ran out of Menzerna IP and FPII.

How does this plan of attack sound for the Camaro and Trans Am?

-clay (already was been done yesturday)

-wash

-SSR2.5 with Orange pad

-SSR1 with white pad

-AIO with white pad? or just go strait to Zaino Z2?

-Zaino Z2

I would do the P21S but I want something that will last a while.

For my car I plan on doing this

-Clay bad parts again (was done not that long ago)

-wash

-SSR1 with white pad (SSR2.5 with orange pad in spots that may need it)

-AIO with white pad

-P21S

Heres a link to my car before I got the PC and used IP and FPII. http://community.webshots.com/album/320489492ecaSlM

ProStreetCamaro
05-04-2005, 05:41 PM
That plan sounds spot on to me :up I would go with the AIO as a base for the Z2. As far as how much SSR2.5 to use I just got mine yesterday so I havent used it yet. Maybe somebody else will chime in here and help you with that question. But yeah your plan sounds great!

Odin Mz3
05-04-2005, 05:57 PM
Well my SSR stuff is on is way home :D , so I havent try it neither. The only thing that concern me is your SSR2.5 with a cutting pad. It`s sound pretty aggressive to me. I dont know the state of the car, but you should try SSR1 at first then try SSR2.5 with a polishing pad if it need it after.

Again some of your question are interresting and I wait for someone to come in.

quiksilver81
05-05-2005, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the replies. So it sounds like ill use the AIO and then the Z2 as a topper for the Camaro and T/A.

As for the pad with the SSR2.5, the orange pad, this one here http://www.properautocare.com/coprorpopa.html, I was told that it isnt too abrasive when I went there to buy them. Ive used the orange pad with IP on my car and it didnt do any harm at all and I still had to go over a few spots more then once or twice. But that might just be because of the IP.....Is the SSR2.5 that much more abrasive?

Again thanks for the replies, I plan on trying this stuff out tomorrow on the Camaro and Ill let you know how it all came out.

quiksilver81
05-09-2005, 10:39 AM
Well I used the orange pad with the SSR2.5 on the Camaro and it worked great. It got out most of the scratches and swirls, but the larger ones still remained, I couldve gotten them out if I had more time to go over the spots a few more times. There was no hazing and it didnt create any more swirls so there wasnt even any need for the SSR1. Check out my post in the Click & Brag section, it will be up there in a little bit under 2000 Grand Prix GTP & 98 Camaro.

imported_StudyBuddy
05-09-2005, 12:24 PM
So the orange pad with the 2.5 didn`t dull down the paint? I would have used a lighter pad, like a finishing pad something. Glad you got it how you want it though! That`s what matters!

quiksilver81
05-09-2005, 12:42 PM
No it didnt dull down the paint it actually brought out the color and metallic flake really good. I expected it to though thats why I was planning to follow up with SSR1 with a polish pad.

imported_StudyBuddy
05-09-2005, 12:59 PM
That`s awesome! Glad to hear your results! It will definitely help me when my order comes in this week!