PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Interior Quik Detailer

Evil Weevil
05-04-2005, 01:38 PM
... is this stuff any good? It`s quite new in the UK.

I`ve tried Megs `Natural Shine` and their `Gold Class Trim Detailer` but, although they both have their uses in various external surfaces, I can`t say I like them on any of my internal surfaces... too greasy and leave a build-up that seems to `gray` in areas that get touched alot; door pulls etc.

Any other UK-available products that are good on new/nearly new interiors?

C. Charles Hahn
05-04-2005, 02:01 PM
It`s relatively new here in the US as well... I have only recently seen it on shelves. I haven`t had time to try it, but I am a bit leery of anything that says it works on everything from glass to leather seats. Personally I`ll just stick to 303 for my interior vinyl.

HowardPearson
05-04-2005, 02:11 PM
I just bought some this weekend. I like the product. It dosent have a lot of cleaning power but thats not the point of the product. Its great for weekly interior touch-ups. It leaves the surface with a nice matte finish and a light fresh scent.

RuffRyder
05-04-2005, 02:19 PM
I bought some of the stuff when I bought my #26 at AZ and it`s not bad. It`s not greasy and has little-to-no build up, it leaves a nice "factory new" matte finish. For it`s intended purpose I think it`s great, but don`t expect serious cleaning power out of it.

Evil Weevil
05-04-2005, 02:42 PM
Thanks guys - it sounds just fine. I don`t need it to `clean` - just to keep the interior looking good. I reckon I`ll give it a try... on the plastic only.

Shiny Lil Detlr > In the catalogue there`s no mention of glass cleaning, just that overspray on glass can be removed easily. It does say that you can use it on just about everything else though. I certainly wouldn`t put it on my leather... maybe it`s just an indication of how `light` the product is?

Any ideas how to remove the build-up of the two previous Meguiars products? Water/detergent mix?

The interior plastics are probably similar to the Mazda 6 - so that`s a good sign for my RX-8

WrxRob513
05-04-2005, 03:04 PM
I agree. I use it. No cleaning power but nice matte finish.

Evil Weevil
05-17-2005, 01:06 PM
... just a quick update after using the Interior Quik Detailer. I`m impressed - no stickness/build-up at all, making it ideal for new/nearly new surfaces. I got some major dribbles from the spray onto the leather seats, and it cleaned off perfectly, though the leather is aloe`d. It seems to have pretty effective anti-static properties too. Definately be using it on each interior detail.