PDA

View Full Version : Awaiting my reply from Pakshak, anything Im forgetting?

Pages : [1] 2

Jeff94z28
05-03-2005, 07:51 PM
Should be placing an order of the following items as soon as I get a reply from the people at Pakshak.

Im planning on buying the

16.9 oz AIO

4* UPP

SSR 1

SSR 2.5

1 WW MF for windows

4 Ultra Fine MF

6 Foam Yellow Applicators

Can anyone think of anything I should add to that list, I already order Pinnacle Souveran Paste wax and I order the Sonus DAS pad kit. Green Blue Orange backing plate and 2 MF Bonnets.

Picking up the porter cable this weekend at Lowes

Anything Im forgetting?

imported_MCA
05-03-2005, 08:30 PM
Hey Jeff,

I would recommend getting just a couple of the ultra plush plus MF`s --> They work great in removing polish or any LSP. I really like the ultra fine(s) as well but I find them *too fine* to remove product. I use them for final wipedown to increase gloss.

MCA

Jeff94z28
05-03-2005, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the reply, What exactly is the difference? I was unsure of the ultra fine, ultra plush, ultra plush plus. I figured theyd all be about the same.

Currently I already have 3 3m Microfibers which are excellent and about 10 of the cheapies from autozone. I figured I might as well pick up a couple extras for the new products, exspecially for the Souveran which Im dieing to use.

Should I just go with the Ultra Plush Plus MFs?

imported_DetailGirl
05-03-2005, 08:51 PM
Skip the SSR1

Jeff94z28
05-03-2005, 08:54 PM
I was told with a black car I might possibly need it. From the last post I had some needed it, others didnt. I wouldnt mind having an extremely fine polish for those Befor show occasions.

imported_MCA
05-03-2005, 09:09 PM
I went through Ranney`s site and did not find the "ultra plush plus towels" anymore (try saying that 10 times...lol). However, I noticed that the "ultra plush towels" now have a silk border which they did not before.

Anyways, the ultra plush towels have a much thicker nap than the ultra fines --> definitely more "grabbing" power to aid in the initial removal of product. I also like them for QD`ing and Poorboy`s S&W applications. In theory, the thick nap helps in keeping wiped contaminants away from your car`s surface, thus reducing marring.

I pretty much use the ultra-fines strictly for final-wipedown after I remove my LSP. The nap is thinner but the threads/strands are extremely soft. Helps remove any remnant product but definitely enhances the gloss.

I guess in summary, the best way I can compare these towels (my opinion of course) is that when you pass your hand through an ultra plush, the strands tend to "cling" to your skin while if you do the same with the ultra-fines, your hand will glide through. I say get 2 of each --> get the best of both worlds and you are not breaking the budget since you intended to get 4 towels anyways.

Hope this helps,

MCA

*EDIT* Fixed a couple of spelling mistakes.

colche
05-03-2005, 09:12 PM
have you got any clay?!?

Tasty
05-03-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by DetailGirl

Skip the SSR1

SSR1 is nice to remove hazing that 2.5 or a similar product might leave behind. I guess there are other products that could do the same for less $ though.

Jeff94z28
05-03-2005, 09:15 PM
Yup I do have a clay bar, EO soap, Sheepskin wash mitt, absorber,

colche
05-03-2005, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Jeff94z28

Yup I do have a clay bar, EO soap, Sheepskin wash mitt, absorber,

great! looks like your ready to rock `n` roll then :)

J.J.
05-04-2005, 05:06 AM
I`ve placed an order there yesterday and his price list did not include the Ultra Plush Plus towels. I emailed him about it, but I have yet to hear from him.

JJ

stevet
05-04-2005, 07:22 AM
If you skip SSR1 as suggested get some Menzerna Final Polsh II.

J.J.
05-04-2005, 12:10 PM
I received a reply from Ranney concering the PLUS towels. See below:

Aloha JJ,

Thank you for your email. Our teal blue 16" x 16" Ultra Plush-Plus

towels are now our teal blue 16" x 16" Ultra Plush towel. The reason

why we had changed the name of this towel is so that it would stop the confusion between our Ultra Plush and Ultra Plush-Plus. Because our new light blue, forest green, and lavender 16" x 16" Ultra-Plush

towels look identical to the teal blue 16" x 16" Ultra Plush towels (formerly known as our Ultra-Plush Plus towel). They are all plush and come with silk edging. And they are all two sided towels. One side is plusher than the other.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call or email us.

Thank you & Aloha,

Ranney Pak

If you ask me it still seems a little confusing! I hope this helps

JJ

J.J.
05-04-2005, 12:17 PM
DO any of these towels seem redundant:

1. 16x16 Ultra MF towels

2. 16x16 Ultra Plush MF towels (used to be PLUS towels- teal blue)

3. 16x24 Ultra Fine MF towel (Yellow)

4. 16x16 WW MF towel (light blue)

5. 25x26 WW MF towel (light blue)

I`m trying to decide if I need the Ultra MF towel. Are the Ultra MF towles ideal for Polish removal. I need towels to do the following:

1. Dry (WW)

2. Remove Polish (I assume the Plush MF towel would be ideal- heavy nap side)

3. Remove wax/ LSP- #26 (again the Plush MF- light nap side)

4. QD and final buff (Ultra Fine towel)

Wasatch
05-04-2005, 02:16 PM
J.J.

For QDing the Ultra Plush will work quite well.