PDA

View Full Version : cleaning convertible tops

III
05-03-2005, 07:48 PM
Do you wash this everytime you wash the vehicle? Also, if you have a fabric or vinyl top do you use your regular car wash soap on it, or do you use something dedicated just for that purpose?

Casebrius
05-04-2005, 08:18 AM
What is everyones favorite protectant for cloth tops?

2stangman9500
05-04-2005, 10:59 AM
wolfsteins raggtopp cleaner and protectant. no u dont have to do the top everytime, once a month at most imo. invest in a good stiff convertible top cleaning brush.

Jrichards4
05-04-2005, 11:57 AM
My sisters Camaro top will leak after a long slow rain. Will the protectant help with the saturating of the top? If not is there anything you can put on the top to repel water somewhat?:nixweiss

fdresq4
05-04-2005, 12:43 PM
I just ordered the Raggtopp combo. The products are tested and endorsed by Haartz, the company that makes the majority of conver. tops.

I was mine every so often. There are some shampoos made for cloth tops. I have used Ivory before. My top on our Saab 93 has its own buckets and brushes.

Steve

III
05-04-2005, 03:10 PM
So, nobody uses car wash soap to clean their top?

imported_memnuts
05-04-2005, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Bad03xtreme

My sisters Camaro top will leak after a long slow rain. Will the protectant help with the saturating of the top? If not is there anything you can put on the top to repel water somewhat?:nixweiss

I can only endorse the RaggTop brand but I believe they all work about the same. Yes, Raggtop will seal the fabric and bead like the painted surfaces if applied every 6 months for a daily driver. Amazing stuff (RaggTop) that works and easy to apply. I always have a can in my inventory of detailing supplies. :up