PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle with fresh paint

Blazern00b
05-03-2005, 06:55 PM
I have a friend that just got his Blazer painted. Its black SS from Maco. They did a super bang up job, and therefore they had a few spots that were wet sanded and they didnt polish out the marks. I was thinking of using 83 on a yellow megs pad to clean that up, then use 80. He wants to protect the paint and I was thinking NXT liquid, but I am not sure on how to apply that. Does anyone have the link for the post that had the list of products, the pad, and the speed for appication? Also, the paint will be 30 days old after this sunday, so he wants to do this ASAP. Thanks everyone!!

stilez
05-03-2005, 06:59 PM
Did they bake the area?

If so, 2 weeks; if not, 4 weeks. Keep the car out in the sun a lot too as this helps with the release of the solvents. That is my rule of thumb.

When in doubt, check with the body shop.

Blazern00b
05-03-2005, 07:03 PM
Its been a month, either way. Any suggestions or comments on what my plan of action is?

stilez
05-03-2005, 07:05 PM
83 > 80 > NXT sounds good to me. I would first give 80 a shot and if it doesn`t take it out, then the original plan works :).

Blazern00b
05-03-2005, 07:08 PM
Ok, yeah I forgot, least agressive first :) The marks look pretty bad, so thats why i was thinking 83 first. Also, for added durability, I was planning on adding in 16 on top of the NXT, so that in case he accidentially goes beyond normal waxing times he will be protected because the NXT will give that buffer. Is that correct thinking?

stilez
05-03-2005, 07:14 PM
Sure is. Wait 24 hrs for the NXT to cure if you can, then add the 16...but yes, correct thinking :up.

Blazern00b
05-03-2005, 07:32 PM
Ok, perfect! Thanks man, you always have the right answers.

Odin Mz3
05-04-2005, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Blazern00b

Its been a month, either way. Any suggestions or comments on what my plan of action is?

Well if they didnt bake the paint you should wait a other month before applying NXT. When I got my bumper repaint, the body shop told me to wait at least 2 month to wax because the paint need to breath if you want it to dry propelly. They werent the first one neither who told me that, I heard from a lot of people before that you have to wait 2-3 months before you can wax a fresh paint. But well if you want to aply it its up to you, but I would wait.