PDA

View Full Version : Bonaire Wash n` Rinse

kompressornsc
05-03-2005, 06:20 PM
We`ll call this a little mini-review...

First of all, this is not a foam gun. `Nuff said.

This is a sprayer similar to what you would have on the end of a pressure washer or at a DIY car wash. It has a 4 oz. soap reservoir, about 24" nozzle, and 2 strength settings. Made of ABS, Rubber and Aluminum.

Construction: Decent, but I wouldn`t want to drop it on concrete. The rubber tip covering the very end is a nice touch.

How it works: I bought this because I thought it would be an easy way to distribute soap over the car prior to washing. For this, it works very well. Very sudsy and probably about twice as much soap as you get at a DIY car wash. It left a nice coating. There are two spray strength settings (controlled by a trigger), but I honestly couldn`t tell any difference in them. Spray strength was probably 50%-75% of what you get at a DIY wash. Where it was really nice was the wheel wells. The long nozzle made it easy to get soap up in there, and I didn`t worry about poking anything because of the rubber tip. It is also switchable from soap to no soap.

Overall: Well, it`s not a foam gun, but it allowed me to completely coat my car with soap (pre-wash) in just a couple of minutes. It is definitely something I will use each wash, and will be a big help with wheel wells and underbody.

Cost: $14.95 @ Costco.

Mr. Clean
05-03-2005, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the review. I came across these at a couple of AutoZones while I was on my #26 quest :) I tried searching the internet for some information on it, but came up empty. I thought it might be a decent product since it is from the same company as the Ultimate Hose Nozzle.

My interest is for blasting the wheel wells. BTW, they are $19.9x at AutoZone.

V8toytruck
05-05-2005, 04:58 AM
I bought this yesterday and tried it today. While it doesn`t cover the vehicle in foam and the foam last a long time compared to the Walmart foam gun. The Walmart version uses up all the soap really quickly.

Actually now that I think about it, it puts out more foam that the walmart ``foam`` gun and last long enough to do 2 cars. I will be keeping this handly little item. I also noticed it is sudsier when you don`t hold down the handle.