PDA

View Full Version : NXT Detailing Spray

imported_The Uncle
05-03-2005, 04:38 PM
So, now that this stuff has been out for a while, what are everybody`s impressions?

I like the sprayer, but did not find the product to clean particularly well (certainly not as well as Final Inspection) or to do much to enhance shine or slickness. In short, I was not impressed.

Are others using it with more positive outcomes?

GlossyTundra
05-03-2005, 04:51 PM
I wasent impressed either. Same as you, not cleaning well, and little change in slickness. I also found it hard to wipe on. EXPLANATION: mothers qd is alot easier to wipe on and off, and it does enhance slickness.

EBPcivicsi
05-03-2005, 05:25 PM
I do not like it. I have used two bottles trying to make myself like it.

The sprayer is horrible for a QD, why not just have it like the regular QD???!!!

Slickness is below average

It is hard to wipe off even in ideal conditions

I find that it does nothing to improve the look of the paint

I much prefer Mother`s showtime, last touch, or the GC QD.

imported_The Uncle
05-03-2005, 05:28 PM
I like the sprayer more than you, because it gives a nice fine spray. But, otherwise, completely agree with your comments.

Very disappointed in the slickness issue. Did nothing in that regard.

pat00641
05-03-2005, 06:02 PM
I actually really like it. Granted, it`s not a Z8, but I felt that it did a great job and left things fairly slick. (Maybe because my surface was already slick due to recent SSR2 app)

What kind of LSP`s are on your car before you apply the NXT qd?

WrxRob513
05-03-2005, 06:08 PM
I don`t like it either. No slickness or cleaning. I prefer Mother`s or even SCG :)

imported_The Uncle
05-03-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by pat00641

I actually really like it. Granted, it`s not a Z8, but I felt that it did a great job and left things fairly slick. (Maybe because my surface was already slick due to recent SSR2 app)

What kind of LSP`s are on your car before you apply the NXT qd?

Right now, I have 4* UPP, on top of AIO and SG.

pat00641
05-03-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by The Uncle

Right now, I have 4* UPP, on top of AIO and SG.

Ok, I recognize 1 abreviation LOL

It`s probably because, as we all know, most of the products work best when you use the line together.

NXT quikc detail on top of NXT wax, or even a carnauba, came out really well for me.

travisdecpn
05-03-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by ebpcivicsi

The sprayer is horrible for a QD, why not just have it like the regular QD???!!!

I just bought mine a couple weeks ago, and the sprayer is indeed the same as the regular qd. I don`t know if they have changed this recently, but in any case you may want to see if you can find a bottle with the new sprayer.

imported_The Uncle
05-03-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by pat00641

Ok, I recognize 1 abreviation LOL

It`s probably because, as we all know, most of the products work best when you use the line together.

NXT quikc detail on top of NXT wax, or even a carnauba, came out really well for me.

4*UPP = Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection.

AIO = Klasse All-in-one

SG= Klasse Sealant Gaze

Respectfully, I`ll have to disagree. Final Inspection works great on anything, for example. Same with 4* Gloss Enhancer, Sonus, and other products. I don`t think there is any real specificity within brank, although some detail sprays might work best with particular TYPEs of LSPs (e.g., acrylic sprays might not be ideal for Carnuba LSPs).

wannafbody
05-03-2005, 07:24 PM
I`ve used it over NXT and TC3-no smearing if its a fine mist-looks great and is a good value-over an acrylic it might not work as well

imported_The Uncle
05-03-2005, 07:25 PM
NXT is an Polymer sealant, just like most of the other products we are talking about in this thread.

wannafbody
05-03-2005, 08:01 PM
my bad- i saw the letters SG and didn`t process it correctly:o -I find Speed Detailer works great on slightly wet surfaces for streak free drying-maybe it would be worth trying that way

spendyg
05-03-2005, 08:08 PM
I used to think this stuff was completely useless until I began using it on my windows. Works great. Obviously not what it was intended for, but I wasn`t going to waste the product if I didn`t need to.