PDA

View Full Version : What wax to use on gold color car?

Superblackbird
05-03-2005, 01:01 AM
Already applied 4 layers of KSG and planning to top it it up with a carnauba wax.Can you guys recommend one to me for a gold (champange)color car.What abour P21S?or anything better?

togwt
05-03-2005, 11:01 AM
Both P21S and Souveran are optically clear waxes so they should not `mute` the colour

JonM

Scottwax
05-03-2005, 11:52 AM
Personally, I like Glanz Wax on metallic gold. Holds up very well. Still beading well with some slickness left in April after an early December application. Remember, proper prep is essential to get the best look from GW or any wax or sealant.

I took this pic at the 9 week point:

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/878glanzwax_9weeks2.jpg

GW has really pleased me with the durability. I applied it to a Buick Regal a neighbor has (after DACP, #80 and VM) back in late January. Her car is a dark blue and sits outside 24/7 and she runs it though a tunnel car wash a couple times a month. Paint still looks really good and has some slickness left. It hasn`t been QDed at all.

Mochamanz1
05-03-2005, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

Personally, I like Glanz Wax on metallic gold. Holds up very well. Still beading well with some slickness left in April after an early December application. Remember, proper prep is essential to get the best look from GW or any wax or sealant.

I took this pic at the 9 week point:

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/878glanzwax_9weeks2.jpg

GW has really pleased me with the durability. I applied it to a Buick Regal a neighbor has (after DACP, #80 and VM) back in late January. Her car is a dark blue and sits outside 24/7 and she runs it though a tunnel car wash a couple times a month. Paint still looks really good and has some slickness left. It hasn`t been QDed at all.

Very nice ! I have a car of that Identical color, and it is hard to get slickness like that with this color. Great job ! Have you noticed the effects the color has under (red) sodium street lights? How about under twilight conditions? This is a difficult color to make pop... I used Zaino on it with the Z8 and it started (glowing at night) really coming alive !Very impressive after 9 weeks, I might add :)

:bow

fdresq4
05-04-2005, 12:56 PM
I have a Harvest Gold colored Ford truck and LOVE the ZAINO stuff.

I polished with Sonus 2 and 3 then Zaino.

I never knew my truck had so much metallic flake in the paint.

Good Luck,

Steve

percynjpn
05-06-2005, 08:28 AM
ScottWax is right about the Glanz; it looks great on light metallics. However, I have a Champagne Gold Nissan Silvia, and when I want to make it "glow" it gets S100/P21S paste wax. I also use Blitz Wax on it (which lasts forever).

But for the look, I think S100 wins hands down - Glanz and Blitz are tied for second (and both last significantly longer).

PaPenguin
05-06-2005, 09:54 AM
I`m going to do a platinum gold sentra and was going to use Mequiar`s Prem. paint cleaner followed by #81 then topped with #26 paste. That gold looked pretty good with the glanz wax. Would GW apply okay over the MPPC and #81? Or should I forget the Meg`s stuff and use 1zpp and gw?

Scottwax
05-06-2005, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by mochamanz

Very nice ! I have a car of that Identical color, and it is hard to get slickness like that with this color. Great job ! Have you noticed the effects the color has under (red) sodium street lights? How about under twilight conditions?

The car is a customer`s so I only know how it look in the daytime. I must say I am quite pleased with GWs durability.

PaPenguin-Glanz Wax has some solvent carriers so it will probably remove some, if not all the remaining #26 currently on your paint. MP/GW is a very nice combo if you want to go that route.