PDA

View Full Version : Tire Dressing

Pages : [1] 2

HumSki
05-02-2005, 10:58 PM
I messed around today and used four different tire shine products on my car. One product per tire. All four products looked completly different from the other. First cleaned tires with EO AtoZ Tire and Wheel cleaner.

-Poorboys Bright n Bold. Very nice product, meduim shine, not greasy, but not dry either. This product offered a high end rich look.

-Rightlook Exterior Tire & Trim Dressing. Meduim to high shine, greasy, streaky and had a sling problem.

-303 Areospace Protectant. This product looks like you didn`t apply any dressing. Soaked right into tire even after a second coat. Zero grease, Zero shine. Very nice matte finish. You`ll never have to worry about pant leg rub.

My Pick:

-Merguiar`s #38 Tire & Trim Dressing Gel. WOW. Very Shiny! Somewhat Greasy, But man does it POP! This one will get your pant legs oily, but no sling and no streaks. However application wasn`t too easy. I need to find out a better method to applying thick gel type dressings. For my taste, My new favorite of the bunch.

I apologize not taking any pics, my kid recently hammered our digital camera. Looking to buy a new one this week.

Glossmaster
05-02-2005, 11:35 PM
That`s one of the many traits of being an Autopian! EXPERIMENTATION! Thanks for sharing your experience with the dressings. I, too, am a fan of the Meg`s#38. Although I don`t use it on my tires ( I use Zaino Z16 or WG Tire Gel ) I use the #38 on my mud guards & the rails of my bedliner. It does a great job. It leaves a nice, deep black look. One of these days I`ll get around to trying it on my tires. As for a good applicator for the #38.......Try the Black Magic Pro Detailer Applicator Pads. They come in a 3 pack for just a couple of bucks. They`re made of a nice sponge material with a rubber backing to them. They work great if you have tires with raised lettering. ( get`s in all the nooks and crannies )

Wasatch
05-03-2005, 08:53 AM
Try the new Tropi-Care Tire/Rubber Dressing will out last anything on the market right now.

Casebrius
05-24-2005, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by HumSki

I need to find out a better method to applying thick gel type dressings.

I use a small paint roller (3") that came in a resealable plastic paint tray that was about 5" x 7". You can apply product while in the tray, use the tray to `squeege` the right amount on roller, then reseal the thing after use. It had a metal handle. You can`t beat the hands off performance. It cost $2 at Home Depot.

raymond_ho2002
05-24-2005, 01:34 PM
Wow, good idea, casebrius.

Is Meg`s #38 a transparent gel? If so, it sounds similar to eimann fabrik black sapphire or detailer`s pride emerald tire gel.

tom p.
05-24-2005, 01:44 PM
I can suggest you try Michelin`s new product. It makes tires look brand-new, but again, very lo gloss:

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/3089/26michts.jpg

I am very pleased with it so far. :up

imported_kgb
05-24-2005, 01:46 PM
If you want shine I recommend Four Star Bazooka Tire Gloss. I have been using this and the shine is amazing.

boybert00
05-24-2005, 01:56 PM
the more i use NXT insane shine the more i like it.i also tryed Nxt glass cleaner ,prob one of the best glass cleaners out there!:cool:

whitestang00
05-24-2005, 02:03 PM
I don`t like tire shines that leave too greasy appearance. I think it looks tacky and fake. I like ones that leave the tire looking black and new. I use Zaino and I love it. Here is couple pics:

http://premium1.uploadit.org/sycorax/Detailing/sideshot.jpg

http://premium1.uploadit.org/sycorax/Detailing/mb111.jpg

Sorry, not the best ones, but gives you an idea. I just wish it would last longer.

imported_themightytimmah
05-24-2005, 06:59 PM
I love Mother`s Reflections tire shine at the moment, but I`m sure that`ll change (my preferance seems to change every 5 minutes or so:)), but I want to try Back to Black tire gel. Anyone tried it?

Alfisti
05-24-2005, 11:19 PM
Back to Black Tyre Gel? :nixweiss

Are you mixing two different names? :p

imported_themightytimmah
05-25-2005, 12:36 AM
I mean Forever Black tire gel. Now that I think of it, Back to Black tire gel would most certinanly suck, just like regular B2B does :).

JamRWS6
05-25-2005, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by John Styrnol

Try the new Tropi-Care Tire/Rubber Dressing will out last anything on the market right now.

I`m also using the new silicone-free water based tropi-care dressing and I like it so far.

Tire is CLEAN to the touch and leaves a deep matte finish. Definitely no sling considering this stuff is dry and clean to the touch. I`m going on 2 weeks and it still looks great.

I put Armor All Original in the tread groove portion and it is pretrt much gone.:)

usdm
05-25-2005, 01:03 AM
My go-to for the last several months has been PB`s

BnB. But lately I`ve been trying out HT Grape Dressing,

and Detailer`s Pride Tire Gel. I like the DP tire gel, so

It going to get equal work time with BnB. I`m going

to use up the grape dressing, and not buy it anymore;

the smell makes me want to vomit.

Wasatch
05-25-2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by JamRWS6

I`m also using the new silicone-free water based tropi-care dressing and I like it so far.

Tire is CLEAN to the touch and leaves a deep matte finish. Definitely no sling considering this stuff is dry and clean to the touch. I`m going on 2 weeks and it still looks great.

I put Armor All Original in the tread groove portion and it is pretrt much gone.:)

I got over 4 weeks with a bunch of rain/snow and it still looked very good. Decided to take it off with the Tire Prep stuff and want to use up my Meg`s #40. The stuff stays on a loooong time.