PDA

View Full Version : Hydro Proportioning Devices

Mark Waldron
05-02-2005, 04:12 PM
This is a unit I purchased and have been using for over a month now. It is a "true" foaming device that works with any product you use. I have the 2 inlet unit which provides me with a presoak I use diluted at 200:1 and my carwash soap at 600:1. It saves tremendously on product and provides a thick and clingy foam that works like a charm. Here`s the link:

http://www.etscompany.com/hydro/specsheets/WorldChem%208-02.pdf

togwt
05-02-2005, 04:37 PM
Interesting product. I couldn`t see a min water pressure stated, what water pressure do you have?

Mark Waldron
05-02-2005, 04:46 PM
Jon,

My water pressure is terrible. I would have to say I can put out about 4-5 gpm max and that`s being generous.

THENUTZ
05-02-2005, 04:50 PM
What was the cost of this system? Their website is a little less than user friendly...

imported_truzoom
05-02-2005, 04:52 PM
Here`s the website: http://www.etscompany.com/hydro/

It seems like one of those products designed for food service places that need to presoak dishes.

Mark Waldron
05-02-2005, 04:59 PM
I paid $200 for the two inlet unit and $59 for the multi function nozzle. I also purchased a 4 gallon chemical rack and tips that can dilute up to 900:1. Total cost including shipping was $340.

THENUTZ
05-02-2005, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Mark Waldron

I paid $200 for the two inlet unit and $59 for the multi function nozzle. I also purchased a 4 gallon chemical rack and tips that can dilute up to 900:1. Total cost including shipping was $340.

Thanks Mark. Did you ever look into their FoamMaster product? Seems like that would fit my needs better as I will be a single product user, but I`m not sure. I`m in the market for a foam gun (ordered one that never came - that`s another story entirely) and am open to all alternatives. I`d rather not spend +$300 on the unit if I can avoid it...

togwt
05-02-2005, 05:06 PM
Water pressure-

The reason I asked was the spec stated the units output as 4.5 GPM so I figured there might be a large pressure drop (resistance) with the unit/acessories

JonM

Mark Waldron
05-02-2005, 05:08 PM
THENUTZ,

I didn`t pursue that system because it seemed more expensive to me with the gauges, etc. Maybe it is less expensive but I was intrigued by the simplicity of the WorldChem unit and that`s why I bought it. The fellow who helped me with the ordering was Dan and he was very helpful. His phone number is 1-877-824-7763.

Mark Waldron
05-02-2005, 05:30 PM
I`ll let you guys know my set-up. I have a single 5/8 hose going into a 4-way splitter. From the splitter, I have one hose that goes into the WorldChem unit, one into the CR Spotless system, and one that goes into my pressure washer that has a splitter on it. The outlet hose from the CR Spotless system goes into the splitter in the pressure washer also. From the WorldChem unit I have a 3/4" 50` hose that`s on it`s own seperate reel that the multi function sprayer is attached. I have Stoner Presoak Soap in the 5 gallon container in one inlet and the Stoner High Pressure Soap in the other. (Stoner informed me that I didn`t need a "foaming soap" because the set-up I had would make that unneccesary). When I wash a vehicle , I set the lever to the left (presoak) and foam the vehicle. I than pressure wash and move the lever to the right (High Pressure Soap) and fill a 5 gallon bucket with the foam. I wash the vehicle with a boar hair brush and rinse with the pressure washer. I then do a final spotfree rinse with the CR sytem by turning the valve off at the 4-way splitter to the Pressure washer and by turning on the water to the CR system. I get perfect results everytime. If the vehicle being washed isn`t that dirty, I`ll omit the brushing stage and just do the presoak followed by a rinse, followed by a spotfree rinse. This system has saved me countless hours over the coarse of detailing cars, trucks, boats, and my personal vehicles.

togwt
05-02-2005, 05:46 PM
Sounds like great system for `spot-free` washing / rinsing.

And I thought I was getting `high-tech` with Butcher`s foam guns, one for pre-soak and one for car-wash

JonM

Accumulator
05-02-2005, 06:11 PM
Mark Waldron- Very interesting, both your system and the WorldChen unit, thanks for posting about them.

Mark Waldron
05-02-2005, 06:15 PM
You are very welcome!! If I can help anyone save time without sacrificing quality, I`m always more than happy to fill you in. Take Care.

Mark