PDA

View Full Version : Would you apply PBs EX over a polymer??

imported_DetailGirl
05-02-2005, 11:17 AM
Well I got my hands on a bottle of PBs EX this weekend.

I have a silver 2002 Mitsubushi Eclipse that we are going to to the work up on this weekend.

I have heard that there are some durability issues with EX. We use AIO as a base for every car that we do, thank God for the 3 liter bottles.

The plan after a proper prep was

AIO

(polymer to be decided)

EX

UPP?

(Would the UPP bond to the EX or should we go with a nuba like Nattys or #16)

Will the EX have any bonding issues to the polymer? Will UPP have any bonding issues to the EX?

Prolly going to use Carwash Polishes Final Polish or Megs #20 for the polymer. Your thoughts?

EBPcivicsi
05-02-2005, 11:23 AM
UPP will NOT bond to EX or anything with carnaube in it. IMO, EX has about the same cleaning as NXT. If you are going to apply it over the UPP, I would wait 24 hours and apply it via a foam applicator by hand. Not sure how much UPP it iwll remove, but.......

I have had good durability for EX, but only fair from EX-P. This is in Memphis on a wide range of vehicles and conditions.

Scottwax
05-02-2005, 11:32 AM
EX w/carnauba has pretty decent durability, IMO. You can apply it straight over AIO, works very well.

imported_DetailGirl
05-02-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Scottwax

EX w/carnauba has pretty decent durability, IMO. You can apply it straight over AIO, works very well. Scott you do not feel as though there is a need for something inbetween AIO and the EX?

J.J.
05-02-2005, 11:36 AM
I agree with Scottwax (not that he needs any support). I`ve recenlty learned EX is a sealant glaze (just like it sates), so AIO --> EX --> Natty`s, #26 or Souveran should look awesome. At least that`s what I`m hopeing!

JJ

94BlkStang
05-02-2005, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by J.J.

I agree with Scottwax (not that he needs any support). I`ve recenlty learned EX is a sealant glaze (just like it sates), so AIO --> EX --> Natty`s, #26 or Souveran should look awesome. At least that`s what I`m hopeing!

JJ

I`ve used Speed Glaze, VM, EX P and S100 with excellent results.:D

Way2SSlow
05-02-2005, 11:44 AM
I put EX over AIO yesterday on my Mom`s Black LX470 and it looked awesome.

Scottwax
05-02-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by DetailGirl

Scott you do not feel as though there is a need for something inbetween AIO and the EX?

I wouldn`t bother using anything in between. I tend to use EX w/carnauba as my main LSP in warm weather since it looks very similar to carnaubas and stands up to heat better.

imported_DetailGirl
05-02-2005, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the replies boys.