PDA

View Full Version : what to get for PC with zaino

jauto98
05-02-2005, 10:36 AM
Hi all, i`ve been reading up about using the PC and have been interested in getting one. Currently I am using Zaino as my paint protectant. Where is the best price to get a PC and any particular pads and accessories that will go with Zaino. I hate to purchase a kit that I won`t be using all the pads for my needs.

All I plan on using the PC is applying and removing 3M SMR and applying Z2 with ZFX. I like to remove the Z2 by hand. Also, what should I do to clean these pads when using Zaino with ZFX. Thank you for your help.

Jeff

Eliot Ness
05-02-2005, 10:58 AM
You can pick up a PC 7336 at Lowes for about $99. Best price on pads and a backing plate are here:

http://www.prestostore.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?ref=exceldetail&ct=29307

Get a black/grey pad for Zaino and some blue and/or green pads for your SMR. There are differnt threads on cleaning pads, but I just soak mine in Dawn for a while and then rinse well.

jauto98
05-03-2005, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the response. May need to head over to Lowes and check out the PC. I notice that Exceldetail has a kit that they came up for the PC, Excel Plate/Pad kit, where you get:

1 Grey Propel Finishing pad

2 Blue Propel Light polishing pads

1- 5 inch flexible hook and loop Backing Plate

And its $30 bucks. Would this kit do? I`d hate to buy stuff that I will never use. Anything else to recommend?

Jeff

Eliot Ness
05-03-2005, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by jauto98

....... Would this kit do? I`d hate to buy stuff that I will never use. Anything else to recommend?.....

It just depends on how bad your paint defects are. If they are very minor then the blue pads should be fine. I would order one or two green pads also. But if your paint is already in good condition, and you just want to go over it with a quick SMR and then apply Zaino that kit should do it for you.

Excel Detail has some good MF`s also, so if you need some order those at the same time.