PDA

View Full Version : Souveran Liquid Wax

Pages : [1] 2 3

TPG013
05-02-2005, 08:41 AM
Anyone try it? Didn`t realize how expensive the paste was is. I have a black truck and from what I gather this is the best stuff on black, but almost $70 is steep. I`ll have trouble justifyingythat move.

JasonD
05-02-2005, 09:10 AM
The liquid was designed for lighter colored cars and the paste was designed for darks.

IMO, you get more bang for your buck from a sealant vs. a wax. My current favorites (protectants) on black is Wolfgang and Poorboy`s EX.

J.J.
05-02-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by JDookie

You get more bang for your buck from a sealant vs. a wax. My current favorites (protectants) on black is Wolfgang and Poorboy`s EX.

Try EX. You`ll like it!

JJ

TPG013
05-02-2005, 09:29 AM
I am getting the Ex but I wanted to top it with the Souveran.

JasonD
05-02-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by tpg13

I am getting the Ex but I wanted to top it with the Souveran.

Ohhh, well in that case you can pretty much use any wax for that purpose. Souveran is the *icing on the cake* but it is quite expensive. You can get *almost* the same look with something like P21S (S100, same thing), Natty`s, #16, #26, etc.

TPG013
05-02-2005, 10:03 AM
I`ve used s100 in the past and not to thrilled with the lack of durability. Looks great but beading seems to stop relativly quickly.

94BlkStang
05-02-2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by tpg13

I`ve used s100 in the past and not to thrilled with the lack of durability. Looks great but beading seems to stop relativly quickly.

Well, if you`re using a sealant like EX then the durability of S100 doesn`t really come into play as the durability of the EX will give you the most protection. The S100 will just give you a little more depth and shine.:)

JustinR32
05-02-2005, 10:59 AM
I`m sorry to say that the liquid Souveran is nothing special, nothing that you can`t get from any one of a dozen other products for less money. If you want a great liquid wax to use on black, go to Pep`s or Autozone and get Meguiar`s #26.

I`ve given liquid Souveran SEVERAL shots. I`m not saying it isn`t good, I`m saying it isn`t special and isn`t worth the price. There`s absolutely no reason to have it instead of something else.

Tom

Jngrbrdman
05-02-2005, 11:42 AM
This is just another product that proves that people see different things in a product. I happen to love Liquid Souveran and I use it often. It wasn`t specifically designed to be used on light colored cars either. That is what Pinnacle Paste Glaze was designed for.

$25 bucks for a bottle of wax that spreads as far as LS does isn`t a bad deal at all. You can do a lot worse. I lose count of how many coats you can get out of a bottle. I go through about a bottle a year and I use it a lot. All I know is that I bust out the bottle on at least two other cars per month other than my wife`s car which gets waxed once a month. If it wasn`t something special to me then I wouldn`t use it that often. I use LS more than S100 these days. Mainly because LS is faster to use since its a liquid, but also because it looks great and it stretches forevery. I can do our 99 Accord with only 3 or 4 applications to the pad. That is my favorite part.

I`ve got pictures I can post that show how great it looks, but without comparison pictures it wouldn`t really help much. All I can say is that it looks great and it is my favorite liquid wax. If you are going to compare it to a sealant like Wolfgang then obviously the sealant would be a better choice. However, for a liquid wax I haven`t used any that I liked better than Liquid Souveran.

JustinR32
05-02-2005, 02:21 PM
Jngrbrdmn,

As I wrote I was thinking about how we are 100% different on what we think, and I was wondering if you`d see my post and reply!

tpg13, send me a pm with your address and I`ll send you a sample to try out.

Tom

TPG013
05-02-2005, 02:32 PM
Mosca, very generous of you Just sent you a PM.

SK2003TypeS
05-02-2005, 03:00 PM
As far as a liquid wax, I`m pretty happy with it. I don`t use it often enough, so I`m not too familiar with it as I am with something like Zaino (my regular LSP).

I used it a few weeks ago on the front of my car. The paint had not been touched (other than washing) since last fall. I just did a wash and spot clayed. Applied some LS with a yellow foam applicator and removed with a pakshak MF. Left it with a nice shine when I was done. (Should`ve taken a better pic :p )

http://autopia.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=12614&size=big&papass=&sort=1

Really easy on, easy off and barely used any product. I think I picked it up for like $19 when it was on sale or some combo deal.

Jngrbrdman
05-02-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Mosca

Jngrbrdmn,

As I wrote I was thinking about how we are 100% different on what we think, and I was wondering if you`d see my post and reply!

:lol I don`t think we are always 100% different on how we think all of the time. Besides, there isn`t a produt out there that everybody can agree is a stellar product with no equal in its class. Everybody has their own scale to rate things on I guess. LS does exactly what I want a liquid wax to do and for that it gets my seal of approval. Besides, how many other waxes smell as good as the Pinnacle ones do? :D That has to be worth bonus points. :lol

Somedevil
05-02-2005, 03:35 PM
I like LS...not as much as Souveran, but it gets the job done.

Clearkote`s Carnauba wax has replaced LS in my garage however....Just as easy to apply, $18 a pint, more durable and IMO a better deep wet look that comes surprisingly close to Souveran.

--somedevil

Scottwax
05-02-2005, 03:40 PM
I haven`t tried the liquid version but I love the paste version. Sure the regular price is $70 but you can often find it on sale. In addition, it takes very little product to cover the average sized car. I can get about 50 applications per jar so it is more cost effective than it seems initially.

somedevil-try applying CMW by machine. I got the idea from Brian (NYdetailer) and it seems to give an even deeper look than hand application. I use a finishing pad, set the PC on 3 and do 2-3 slow passes per panel.