PDA

View Full Version : Partnering with stereo/alarm company, help me out guys!

PerfectFinish1
05-01-2005, 10:24 PM
Some of you may remember my post a while back about the opportunity with the car alarm / car stereo store in a nice area. Well, it`s been snowing, and just not that great of time to consider detailing, but I`m about to work a deal out with him this week.

I was going to propose that he takes a 15% share of my sales, and can mark up the price. (if he charges $145, he`d make $43 a car) and that way he would take care of most of my marketing so I wouldn`t have to deal with it. (just starting out and don`t have a large customer base yet)

However, my boss / friend at another job is looking out for me and is worried he will use me to get a good reputation, cut me out of the picture, and hire some high school kids instead.

I don`t think this guy would do that, he`s a friend of a friend and a good guy. (our mutual friend is one of my best friends, and the most honest guy I know... I`m actually considering asking him if he`d like to become my business partner) But, you never know, th owner very well could if he gets in a bad financial position and do what I`m affriad of him doing.

I could also pay him rent, but that would be harder on my end. What would a small detailing bay at the corner of a shop typically go for in your area?

Thomas Dekany
05-01-2005, 10:28 PM
if you sign a contract with the owner you should be fine. He will always make his money on equipment. m2c

PerfectFinish1
05-01-2005, 10:31 PM
That`s what I was thinking.. word the contract completely about how much money he would be making from my details and other terms, and then include a few words about that.

However, I can`t say something like "You agree to not start your own detailing company for a period of 1 year after contract termination" or anything like that, because I am not legally in that position... right?