PDA

View Full Version : Hi-Temp Medium Cut and?

rw3829
05-01-2005, 06:58 PM
Hello guys and gals...Hope you all had a great weekend! I have been using Hi-Temp Light Cut for quite a while now, but have noticed recently that Hi-Temp Medium Cut seems to leave a better finish (wetter as in ready for LSP). What I wonder is, even though I do not see any marring after using Medium Cut, I still want to throw in a light polish, but different than Light Cut. I was thinking maybe P21 GEPC as I have a bottle but have never tried it. I am truly faithful to the Hi-Temp line and feel it cannot be beat from a "bang-for-the-buck" standpoint. My car is a black 2003 Camry SE with some swirls. If anyone has experience with Hi-Temp ( I know Anthony Orosco does) please chime in...Thanks to all!

kartoon
05-01-2005, 07:53 PM
I believe on TOL they state that you can go from Med Cut straight to LSP.

If you feel you really have to use another polish then you have many choices, whether mild abrasive (SSR1, #82, etc) or AIO-like products. However, if there is no marring and the surface looks great then do you really need a different polish ?

On a side note, I would like to hear more about people`s experience with Medium Cut as I`ve only used Light Cut.

JeffM
05-01-2005, 09:10 PM
I have light cut also, and am impressed to hear the med. cut is as good as that.

I would VM it if you want *just a little more, then top with EX or P .

Actually that sounds like a good idea, i gotta go fire up the card :)

rw3829
05-01-2005, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the reply kartoon...I was thinking that using a glaze/light polish may increase depth, but after I posted about this, I went out and did a little comparison on the taillight/license plate section of the car. I used Medium Cut by itself on the left side then Med. Cut/Light Cut on the right. Strangely enough, the Med. Cut side was nice and wet with no need to add another step. The 2-step side actually looked great before adding Light Cut, but after LC seemed to have a slight haze in spots. I re-did the area in Med. Cut and all was well, so I topped with Megs NXT Tech Wax and WOW! Nice, wet and deep...Now this was done by hand so machine application will add a difference I`m sure. This is not to say that Light Cut is bad though because I have used it with a rotary and a polishing pad on another Camry and the results were astonishing! I was mainly asking about a combo with Med. Cut as this is the first car I have done in black and thought maybe there would be a difference in results...I strongly suggest using the Hi-Temp line of compounds as I have Heavy, Medium and Light Cut. I used Heavy Cut on a BADLY oxidized Cougar roof and hood and after two passes with a rotary it wasn`t perfect but had the owner saying he never thought it could look like that again. Again, for the money, it is hard to beat anything from Hi-Temp, and I look forward to ordering and trying out more detailing supplies from TOL by Hi-Temp!

rw3829
05-01-2005, 09:24 PM
Hey JBM...I truly feel you will be happy with other Hi-Temp products...They seem easy to work with, they break down fairly quick (at least with a rotary...have not tried with PC yet), minimal dusting, and wet results. I have a tool box that I use to carry my rotary, and along side of it, I ALWAYS have a couple of containers of Heavy, Medium, and Light Cut. I guess you can say they are my "go-to" products. I will be trying the Medium Cut and PC on my 03 Camry this week and will post pics before and after.

6']['9
05-01-2005, 10:21 PM
i have the HT light, Med, Heavy, Extreme Cuts. man thats a lot of cuts. i am pleased with all of them.. I have gone from medium cut to my LSP. Ive used the heavy cut but followed it with medium cut. I used the extreme cut a while back and just followed up with light cut then moved on. HighTemps products are the best for the $$