PDA

View Full Version : Scrutiny needed

Casebrius
05-01-2005, 07:56 AM
I`m about to start detailing cars as a money making venture in my spare time. My job allows me to have at least a week and sometimes more off at a time after working two weeks 24/7. I`m looking for something to do in my down time and think I`m going to give detailing a shot. I feel there is a need for the service I`m offering in my community. From a business standpoint, what products are better - Klasse vs. Zaino vs. Poorboy`s? I`ll probably buy medium size bulk product for starters. I`m looking for a quality/durability vs. cost/vehicle vs. ease of application comparison from some detailing business owners. I want to give my customers great service so they`ll come back, but I also want to maximize shine/durability and ease of application (obviously). Since I will be self marketing I will put occasional flyers and cards on select cars. If anyone is feeling particularly helpful, PM me and I`ll send you a copy to scrutinize. I`m honestly trying to do a great job and don`t want a smear on the detailing community name. That is why I ask for your help. Thank you for your help.

joburnet
05-01-2005, 12:05 PM
There is a ton of good information on this forum. I suggest spend some time, a lot of time, reading what`s on here. Of course check out the autopia guide to detailing book if you have not already. It has good information for people of any skill level.

Products - If you stick with meguiars your going to have a good product. Start with that and move to different products after some time. You can probably find a local distributor and the price is pretty good on most things.

Advertising - flyers are good, also get a web site and use google adwords as well as other internet advertising sites. You should be able to get a cheap listing in the phone book for around $30 per month with your website in it.

Casebrius
05-01-2005, 12:15 PM
I guess I should have stated that I`ve spent many hours reading in this forum before I joined. I`ve been lurking for six months or so. I have a good assortment of detailing supplies and equipment. There is a BMW forum that has a pretty good detailing section that I`ve been poking around and asking questions for months. Although Meguiars offers good products, I plan to give my customers the best. Klasse and Zaino seem to have the best crowd following and endurance. I`ve pretty much narrowed it down to them. I`ve used the Klasse twins on my last 5 or 6 details and have been pretty happy with their product.

joburnet
05-01-2005, 12:46 PM
Sorry bout that, when I hear "what products are better - Klasse vs. Zaino vs. Poorboy`s?" I assume it`s some guy that hasn`t done his research.

I don`t think you can go wrong with either Klasse or Zaino but they are both expensive. Zaino has a good name and a lot of car enthusiasts recognize it as quality so I would probably go with that. I am actually planning on advertising 3 coats of zaino with my Signature detail the next time I get flyers printed.

Casebrius
05-01-2005, 02:57 PM
I guess they are more expensive than most of the other detailing products, but used right, it would seem only to cost about $2 max for Klasse AIO and SG (single coat). I`m planning on offering my sealant packages in the $75 and above packages, so cost I guess really isn`t a big issue. How much would a single or double coat of comparable Zaine SG cost?

magictouch24
05-01-2005, 03:38 PM
I was having trouble deciding which sealant to use for my more expensive protection offerings, and ended up going with Klasse SG. Either way I think you`ll be okay.