PDA

View Full Version : Woolite Question?

HumSki
05-01-2005, 01:18 AM
I understand that many Autopians use Woolite for various cleaning applications. I see 6:1 is very common dilution. Is that 6 parts water to 1 part Woolite, or vis versa? Second question... Which woolite product do you use? There are several?

Thanks for the help.

travisdecpn
05-01-2005, 02:43 AM
yes, 6 parts water 1 part woolite. I just get the original woolite.

imported_ajbarnes
05-01-2005, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by travisdecpn

yes, 6 parts water 1 part woolite. I just get the original woolite.

:werd:

mystickid
05-02-2005, 08:37 AM
Sorry, But I`m a bit uncertain as to what is meant by 6 "PARTS"

How is a "part" measuerd by?

Do mean like 6 oz. of water mixed with 1 oz. of Woolite?

Lowejackson
05-02-2005, 09:05 AM
Thats right. The `part` could be gallons, litres etc, it simply shows the relationship between the two liquids

J.J.
05-02-2005, 09:25 AM
Is this used as a cleaner or simply air freshener? If a cleaner, what all does it clean (i.e. carpets, leather, cloth, vinyl?)

JJ

togwt
05-02-2005, 10:09 AM
Wooliteâ„¢ is a neutral pH product that can be used to clean many internal automotive surfaces (i.e. Leather, Vinyl, plastic, etc) it is used in various dilution rates dependant upon surface soiling (a ratio of 6:1 is very common for cleaning).

Dilution Ratio:

Dilution rates are shown as a ratio i.e. a solution of distilled water / Woolite® 5:1, this means that the product is diluted five parts distilled water to one part Woolite®. If you have a container with dilution markings fill the bottle with water to the dilution level required and then add product to the fill line.

Ratios

Convert the ratio into fractions. Add the two numbers of the ratio together then use that number as a denominator for the individual parts. Multiply total amount of solution you want by the fractions.

Example- distilled water to product with a dilution ratio of 5:1 in a 32oz spray bottle ( 5:1 ratio water to product)

5 + 1 = 6, Water = 32 x 5 / 6(0.833) = 26.65 = 26.5 oz. Product = 32 x 1/6 (0.166) = 5.31 = 5.25oz

Total = 32.75 oz

JonM

Scottwax
05-02-2005, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by J.J.

Is this used as a cleaner or simply air freshener? If a cleaner, what all does it clean (i.e. carpets, leather, cloth, vinyl?)

JJ

I`ve found it effectively cleans all interior surfaces except metal and wood...actually, it cleans them too but I prefer to just use a damp MF towel on those surfaces.

CelicaLover
02-08-2007, 09:03 PM
Does woolite at 6:1 leave behind a sticky residue or any residue at all for that matter?

mikebai1990
02-08-2007, 09:08 PM
Nope, not that I am aware of.

CelicaLover
02-08-2007, 09:09 PM
Can you use it on the dashboard also?

imported_Larry A
02-08-2007, 09:13 PM
I dont think so! Mix some up and try it on your bathroom mirror. It it doesent leave a film on your mirror, it wont leave a film on your car interior. You can also mix it 8 to 1or 10 to 1.

imported_fishbonezken
02-08-2007, 10:04 PM
how do you use woolite to clean the interior?

just spray and wipe?..

or spray, scrub, brush, rinse...

imported_themightytimmah
02-08-2007, 10:15 PM

just spray and wipe?..

Bucket of warm water and woolite. Dip a MF towel or Magic Eraser into it then wring somewhat dry. Use MF to clean surfaces without major grime (dashboard etc). Use Magic Eraser on leather seats, steering wheel, etc. I don`t like woolite for carpets - it foams out my LGCM. If extracting with a shopvac, Woolite is fine.

itb76
02-08-2007, 10:55 PM

just spray and wipe?..

Depends on how much cleaning it needs. About once a month I clean my interior by spraying 3-5 squirts of solution onto a MF towel and wiping the interior surfaces down. For a very dirty interior or engine detailing, I would use the bucket method.

It must leave something on the surface, because whatever I clean with the Woolite solution has a sheen when I`m done. Wipe your dash with a MF soaked in clean water and wrung out, and it will leave a dull surface when it dries. Or is that just my hard water?