PDA

View Full Version : Zaino and #80

CTDiesel
04-30-2005, 09:48 PM
Can I just wash with Z-7 after using #80, or do I need to use Prepsol or 50/50 alcohol and water before the Zaino?

Thanks!

dogma
04-30-2005, 09:56 PM
The one time that I used it before Applying Z, I just sprayed it down with Z6 and had no issues.

imported_DetailGirl
04-30-2005, 10:18 PM
Well if I am not mistaken #80 does have some oils in it so there may be bondng issues. If you want to be perfectly safe you should use a 50-50 alcohol wipe down.

General Lee
04-30-2005, 11:13 PM
Z-7 is a strong carwash and is meant to remove oils prior to a zaino application so you should be OK.

imported_memnuts
05-01-2005, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by General Lee

Z-7 is a strong carwash and is meant to remove oils prior to a zaino application so you should be OK.

Ditto. Z7 will remove the weak coating of the oils in #80. Remember the Z7 will also remove the fillers so inspect surface to see if the corrective actions of #80 is to your level of desire.

In a month Zaino will have available a cleanser/polish that out-performs Meg#80 (personal side-by-side testing), no fillers and requires no post cleansing/polishing step (oil removal wash). :xyxthumbs

imported_rayvenn
05-01-2005, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

... In a month Zaino will available a cleanser/polish that out-performs Meg#80, no fillers and requires no post cleansing/polishing step (wash). :xyxthumbs

blkZ28Conv,

Will this be something like AIO ... chemical cleaner type? Or will this have some abrasive qualities?

Another month, huh? Ratz.

How many other new products does Zaino have coming out this spring/summer?

imported_memnuts
05-01-2005, 07:40 AM
This cleanser polish is strictly a true diminshing abrasive containing cleanser to my understanding. Quite similiar to AIO in that both have abrasives (chemical cleansing would need to be extremely strong to remove the oxidation in which AIO is famous and advertised to do). Zaino will rely on high quality mild diminishing abrasives that will not harm clearcoat if used several times a year but strong enough to remove old LSP`s, the chronic micromarring that a vehicle encounters thru washing, QD`ing, CC`ing, and just driving.

Sal Zaino is constantly improving his products. Most are not announced but the enhancements of the Z2 series (Z2-PRO), the release of the Z8 and the addition of the Zaino paint cleanser had to be announced because the benchmark has been raised. These products has been in the formative stages for over a year with Z2-PRO and I have been beta-testing the cleanser product for over 2 years. How long has Sal been evolving these new products is anyone`s guess but I am sure that it has been quite a bit longer than the outside beta testing was started.

A point to remember is that Zaino is known, not only for it outstanding longevity of appearance, but also its benchmark setting for durability. All enhancements or new products must improve or maintain this standard and requires a minimum of 1 year of testing.

How many new or improved products from Zaino in the future? The number of products in the line-up is the answer. Sal is constantly tweaking his products and sometimes by the time he has sent me a beta sample he has already tweaked it again and advanced closer to the perfect product, products and detailing system. :xyxthumbs

Are there other paint cleansers that will give you equivalent results. Yes. Is there another cleanser that is perfectly compatible with the system for maximal performance on both the appearance side and durability. No.:cool:

imported_rayvenn
05-01-2005, 11:43 AM
Sounds great. Thank you for the info. Standing by for the new cleaner/polish to be available for order.

edited: and of course I meant "standing by" and not "stending by." Duhhhh. My checked speller falmunctioned.

dogma
05-01-2005, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by rayvenn

Sounds great. Thank you for the info. Stending by for the new cleaner/polish to be available for order.

Ditto