PDA

View Full Version : Fresh From Paint, Wetsanding to Follow

imported_dpeezy415
04-30-2005, 06:52 PM
Got my car back today fresh from the shop. It`s Ferrari Red with a gold pearl. The painter knew that I wanted to wetsand and buff myself so he shot an extra coat of clear.

I also painted the wheels gold to match

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/20143v1_3qtr.jpg

A shot to show off the pearl

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/20143v1_pearl.jpg

Today I practiced wetsanding and using the rotary. I was pretty confident after reading up on different sites, watching the Megs video and asking questions at the Megs customer hotline and from my friend that painted the car.

Here`s the process I used on an old hood that I`ll be using on the Integ:

1) Wetsand with 1500 then 2000 Meguiar`s Unigrit

2) Compound with #84 Compound Power Cleaner via

Dewalt 849 and Megs burgandy pad

3) Polish with #83 DACP and a Propel Green Pad

4) Finish with #80 Speed Glaze and a Propel Blue

I was pleased with the results on the hood so I`ll use the same process to do the whole car. I learned from the vid that #80 itself has polymer protection that is new paint safe, so that should hold me over for the 90 days while the paint cures.

I`m new to the game so any suggestions, comments, or thoughts are greatly appreciated. I`ll follow this up with a thread on my wetsanding and rotary experience...

Thank you Autopia for the valuable knowledge I will continue to absorb.

imported_series1
04-30-2005, 07:44 PM
The new paint looks nice. In the second shot you can see the gold pearl showin off.

94BlkStang
04-30-2005, 09:27 PM
My only suggestion is to be very cautious around the edges. Looks like a very nice paint job and anxious to see it when it`s all done.:xyxthumbs

stilez
05-01-2005, 09:59 AM
Yay, another integra!

That color looks great :cool:...Just needs a mild drop now ;) (sure you`ve heard that 1093092 times though).

With the #80, attack it at a speed between 1000 - 1200 rpm on a finishing or polishign pad. Any more than that, I have gotten marring on Integras. However, if that`s not Honda clear (my repaint was), you may not have any trouble. When in doubt, check your work in the sun.

dcswd
05-01-2005, 12:45 PM
My only advice is to be careful :D Other than that, that paint looks sweet! and you need to post a lot more pictures lol

SilverLexus
05-01-2005, 01:03 PM
That`s a very serious detailing regimen but if Sean`s car is any guide wetsanding on red Integras is a quick way to permanent wetness. :)

roughrider
05-01-2005, 01:31 PM
The car looks extremely wet in the pics, can`t wait to see it when it`s all done. :up

General Lee
05-01-2005, 02:35 PM
Looking forward to the finished product! Great looking color BTW!