PDA

View Full Version : EX topped with #26

J.J.
04-30-2005, 12:28 PM
I`m thinking about this combination. I`ve been unable to find a used can of Natty`s, I figured I would try this combo on my Black. Anyone tried this combination and liked the results? or DO you think Natty`s looks so much better that I should drop the extra dime and order some?

JJ

JasonD
04-30-2005, 12:33 PM
I seriously doubt you would notice all *that* much of a difference. I`ve topped EX with Souveran, P21S, and now that I have some #26 (thanks to autozone, .99 sale) I will be topping it with that too. So far, I haven`t noticed much of a difference between P21S and Souveran when they top EX, but by themselves they are a little different.

Bottom line: If you have it try it. If you don`t like it, then order something else.

Intercooled
04-30-2005, 12:33 PM
I just recently used Ex topped with Soveran. I liked both products. The Soveran really made the surface wet and deep. I`m not sure if natys will do the same, Ive never used it. But I can vouch for Soveran.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/Intercooled/529246d4.jpg

wytstang
04-30-2005, 02:55 PM
That Grand National is jaw dropping very nice..

JasonD
04-30-2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by wytstang

That Grand National is jaw dropping very nice..

Isn`t it though? I love that car, and the GNX owned by another member. Can`t remember his name right now.

J.J.
04-30-2005, 07:39 PM
Nice Buick! If I had the money for Souveran, I would definitely eat some... I mean get some!

JDookie: thanks for the suggestions. I will definitely try the #26 since that`s all I have right now. If i really like it, I will most likely use it for awhile b/c I have two full cans (AZ special too!). Eventually, I`ll try some souveran.

JJ

Glossmaster
04-30-2005, 08:05 PM
You`ll love that combo! Remember to prep!

Scottwax
05-01-2005, 01:02 AM
I don`t think you will see much difference between another coat of EX or using #26 instead. Both have a rich, deep look that is pretty similar. Obviously, you will no doubt see some improvement because over a few weeks, the coat of EX you have on now is going to degrade slightly from how it looked when first applied. By applying another layer, you are bringing it back to that freshly waxed look again. While it may appear the look is continually improving, for the most part you are just restoring the fresh wax appearance. I do think, however, that 3-4 layers of carnaubas do have really good depth.

Mr. Clean
05-01-2005, 11:11 PM
I just tried that combination after falling for the AZ clearance sale and finding myself with several tins of #26 paste.

The test vehicle was my own Pewter in color `96 Volvo 850 GLT. The vehicle had been prepped @ 30-45 days ago (I don`t remember the exact date) with Meg`s #80, CK`s VM, and PB`s EX.

I reported after the first application of EX that I questioned the compatibility of VM and EX based on the diminished water beading compared to previous combos with EX.

I subsequently added the 2nd and 3rd coats of EX at intervals about a week apart. With the 3rd coat, beading is more in line with what I was accustomed to with EX.

So, with 3 coats of EX I laid down a single application of #26. I think that you will find that with the EX prepped surface, #26 will go on very easily. As to the look, it is nice, but at least on my car you can tell a difference in the appearance pre and post #26. With the #26 the vehicle definitely has less shine than with just the EX. It also appears that the metal flake is even more muted with the #26. But still the vehicle presents itself well, and I wouldn`t hesitate to recommend the combination for a dark, solid color vehicle.