PDA

View Full Version : 3M PI 3k SMR

JeffM
04-30-2005, 11:50 AM
Really really nice polish.

I did my hood to try it with a white LC pad and the PC. I removed some swirls, but it is really for a second step polish.

OMG the ease of use is crazy. Wipes off easier than NXT tech wax.

I had dusting, which is strange for a mild polish, but it is warm here in Florida now, so someone else may not get any dusting.

The finish it produced was to be expected, perfect. Although the starting point of the paint was in real decent shape with only mild swirls.

I wish i had more time to have tried it with an orange pad, but i dididnt.

It is expensive, at least where i bought it locally. I believe it was 30 bucks for 32 oz. but i feel it is well worth it. It really wipes off easier than any other polish i have used so far.

Sorry no pics, i moved and dont have a camera...., but here are the ingredients:

Water, Alum. Oxide, Acid treated light petro distilates, decamethylclyclopentasiloxane, alum silicate clay, dodecamenthycyclohexasiloxane, voc less than 17%.

*** do people come up with those words lol.

Accumulator
04-30-2005, 12:13 PM
JBM- Thanks for posting that. I`ve been wondering about how it would work and debating whether I should pick up more PI-III MG while I still can or just get the PI-3000 next time.

Bill D
04-30-2005, 12:44 PM
Sounds very similar to the good ol` PI III MG

stevet
05-01-2005, 12:49 AM
I would still like to see a side by side comparison done between PI III and PI 3000 products.