PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning MF Towels

6speedZ
04-29-2005, 10:06 AM
Whats the best way to clean MF towels? Can I use laundry detergent? I really don`t want to have to buy a product to clean these with if I don`t have to. Thanks!

medic159
04-29-2005, 10:19 AM
If you use the search function you`ll find tons of info but basically:

-wash in hot water using liquid detergent, no bleach, no softeners

-add 1 tablespoon of distilled white vinegar per towel to the final rinse (this helps the thread shed excess detergent)

-Dryer: hot for natural fabrics (cottons, etc.), warm or cool for synthetics (polyesters, etc.) no softener sheets

Keep it simple

volunteer1816
04-29-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by DFTowel

If you use the search function you`ll find tons of info but basically:

-wash in hot water using liquid detergent, no bleach, no softeners

-add 1 tablespoon of distilled white vinegar per towel to the final rinse (this helps the thread shed excess detergent)

-Dryer: hot for natural fabrics (cottons, etc.), warm or cool for synthetics (polyesters, etc.) no softener sheets

Keep it simple

I have always washed mine in hot, however, I read care instructions on a product where it said to only wash in cold. Does the wash temp depend on the fabrics or preference? I also saw on a website that you can boil MF`s when they start to lose their effectiveness. Any truth to this?

Thanks!

superstring
04-29-2005, 12:51 PM
I have always washed mine in hot, however, I read care instructions on a product where it said to only wash in cold. Does the wash temp depend on the fabrics or preference? I also saw on a website that you can boil MF`s when they start to lose their effectiveness. Any truth to this?

I`ve always understood that MF made from synthetic fibres should be washed in cold or (luke) warm water and ones made from natural fibres (DF Towels) can be washed like cotton, ie in hot water. I`d be pretty apprehensive about washing the synthetic ones in hot water.

05Sleeper
04-29-2005, 02:18 PM
This is a good question. I am interested too....

goceltics34
04-29-2005, 02:26 PM
I always wash mine in cold water and let air dry. I believe less potential damage can be done using cold water. I tend to lean on the side of caution.