PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to follow SSR2.5 & SSR1?

alphamini
04-29-2005, 12:42 AM
I think I`m pretty much set on PB SSR2.5 & SSR1 but I was wondering how big of a difference following these with a sealant before waxing makes. I don`t know if using EX-P between SSR1 & NXT wax will make a noticable difference. Thanks for the help.

TW85 HHI
04-29-2005, 01:01 AM
It really depends on what YOU are looking for as far as appearance. Some sealants come pretty close to giving the carnauba look whereas others look like a plastic coating. Obviously one advantage to using a sealant before a carnauba is increased durability.

NXT (not a carnauba) has slight cleaners in it so I would not put it over EX-P. If anything, you should pick either EX-P or NXT to be the base and then top it with a carnauba wax if you want a multiple step process. EX-P or NXT will look nice on its own.

BTW, what color car?

Wasatch
04-29-2005, 08:09 AM
For durability EX-P will out last NXT. You can always top with a wax.

s2skimon
04-29-2005, 08:22 AM
i`ve found 2.5 dulls the finish.. so i go ssr1 to bring it back up to a shine and then add the sealant..

EBPcivicsi
04-29-2005, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by montoya

i`ve found 2.5 dulls the finish.. so i go ssr1 to bring it back up to a shine and then add the sealant..

Depends on the pad IME, using a meguiars polishing pad I can go straight from 2.5 to my lsp. I don`t use cutting pads with the PC.

alphamini
04-29-2005, 10:01 AM
Sorry for not being too clear. I`ve already bought the NXT. I was just wondering if I should do

Wash

Clay

Wash

SSR2.5

SSR1

EX-P (the step I was wondering about)

NXT

#26? (would this step give a noticable difference?)

I just didn`t know if EX-P should stay in that process. BTW, it`s a dark blue metallic `02 MINI.

EBPcivicsi
04-29-2005, 10:11 AM
I would personally skip the EX-p, but I am not a big fan of it. I get better durability/looks from NXT or regular EX.

IMO, you really will not see that much of a difference between the NXT and #26. There are certainly differences that a well-trained eye can see, but nothing that is like night and day.