PDA

View Full Version : swirls,Polish an Zaino

HCF
04-28-2005, 09:58 PM
Getting ready to polish an wax an 02 Silverado indigo blue with some light swirl marks. I`ll be picking up a pc 7336 this weekend. From what I`ve read on the board Z5 is a filler. I`m looking for a polish that will help remove light swirl marks yet work well with the rest of the zaino line up ?. What kind of pads should I pick up to help accomplish this ? I`ll be trying this on a different car first of course. Would AIO be a good base followed by DACP then Z ?

Glossmaster
04-28-2005, 10:19 PM
First off, I`m very happy with the Zaino system. I`ve got 3 coats of Z5 & 3 coats of Z2 Pro on my black tacoma. I topped it off with the Z8 & was stunned at the quality of the finished product. however, I did notice that the Z5 is not a filler at all. My paint is swirl free, but it does have some very slight micro marring thanks to the dealer! I found the Z5 did absolutely nothing when it came to hiding the micrro marring. It simply provides a great base for the amazing Z2 Pro. I suggest you use a good swirl remover & then a IPA wipe prior to the Z5/Z2 Pro.

kompressornsc
04-29-2005, 07:26 AM
Let`s see...

First, you need to either make sure you polish with a polish that has no oils or fillers (Merzerna, Poorboys are a couple), or do an alcohol wipedown prior to the Z. Another option is that is seems you have AIO. AIO can be used as a base for Z, since it will clean off any fillers or oils from any polish. I try to use a polish that does not have fillers just so I aviod an extra step, but have done the AIO under Z and it worked out fine.

AIO>DACP>Z is backwards. It should be DACP>AIO>Z. And if they are very light swirls as you describe, you may not need DACP. And remember that the AIO woulld remove any of the fillers from the DACP. And as said earlier, don`t expect the Z5 to do much to fill swirls.

As far as pads, I`ve never tried anything but the LC pads, and they have worked out fine.

SK2003TypeS
04-29-2005, 08:44 AM
If you can wait a little longer, I`d wait for Zaino`s polish which is coming out. Check out blkZ28Conv`s post here:

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54886&perpage=12&pagenumber=2

My experiences with Zaino line is that the products work well with each other. So I`m guessing I`ll be impressed with the

polish when it`s released. A little bit of "DOH !" on my part since I recently just received a small order of (2) Z7, (2) Z6, Z2Pro and Z8 (packing was awesome Z6 and Z8 had there own individual ziplock bags :xyxthumbs). Now I`ll have to pay shipping again. :sosad

I`m pretty happy using LC pads. Sonus pads and Meguiar`s pads are pretty popular here as well.

Oh...and Welcome to Autopia :wavey

HCF
04-29-2005, 10:29 AM
Great thanks for the info everyone, keep it coming. I`ve used Zaino in the past on the vehicle and have been more then pleased with the products an results. If the new Z polish is anything like the rest of the line up it`ll be worth the wait I`m sure. Also where is the best place to find LC pads ?