PDA

View Full Version : Did I mess up w/Z7

7a7SS
04-28-2005, 08:21 PM
Hello All,

Did I mess up:shocked

I just got my black Silverado SS back from the body shop, and was told that I couldn`t wax/polish for 60 days. However I was told it was fine to wash. So not really thinking about it I washed it using Z7, have I screwed something up:doh

Thanks

VII:cool:

Intercooled
04-28-2005, 08:24 PM
Z7 is a bit stronger than other shampoos but I dont think you did any harm. If anything you cleaned off any body shop residues. Not too worry!:)

Dave N
04-28-2005, 09:18 PM
I think what 7a7ss is concerned about is if Z7 contains any of the Z sealant that would remain on the paint and interfere with curing. Sorry, I don`t know the answer to that, but I would guess it`s not a problem. I`m sure a Zaino expert will chime in soon, or if you want a definite answer email Sal Zaino.

7a7SS
04-28-2005, 09:54 PM
Thanks Intercooled & Dave N,

I`m just hoping I didn`t ruin my newest layers of orange peal:angry Wasn`t really impressed with the dealer`s repaint:argue So I`ll give Sal an e-mail, fingers crossed I`ll be fine.

Thanks

imported_RIC
04-29-2005, 08:30 AM
Are you guys for real? A Car wash soap is not going to hurt a new paint finish.

dternst
04-29-2005, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by RIC

Are you guys for real? A Car wash soap is not going to hurt a new paint finish.

Z7 doesn`t contain anything that will harm a newly painted surface.

Originally posted by Intercooled

Z7 is a bit stronger than other shampoos but I dont think you did any harm. If anything you cleaned off any body shop residues. Not too worry!:)

Please elaberate...

Thanks in advance,

David

Intercooled
04-29-2005, 01:48 PM
Z7 is a bit stronger in such that it will remove more contaminents than some other shampoos. Z7 is will remove tar and bugs better tahn other shampoos. Z7 is reccommended for washing with Z sealants. Z7 could remove Carnauba wax. It wont hurt your finish in any way though.

7a7SS
04-29-2005, 01:58 PM
Thanks Everyone,

We got rained on yesterday, so the Silvy needs another bath:doh