PDA

View Full Version : How to polish around these hooks???

goceltics34
04-27-2005, 10:41 PM
I just started using my PC on a 1994 jeep wrangler. I have just worked on the hood so far. On these jeep hoods there are too many hooks, clips, and hinges that I can`t polish over using the PC. Do these small crevices and areas need to be polished by hand? How about around the front window and on the back where the spare tire is. Do these areas need to be done by hand? I tried by hand but can`t generate enough pressure for them to come out as nice as the rest of the hood.

What a pain in the a** this jeep is!:angry Has anyone else had to polish a jeep wrangler and what was the most effective method for polishing these areas?

Here is a picture so you can see what I am talking about...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/dveloz143/IMG_5299.jpg

Tanat198
04-27-2005, 10:46 PM
you can try 4" pad size.

goceltics34
04-27-2005, 11:04 PM
For all cars in general, how do you polish with the PC around handles, edges next to fenders, etc..... Can the PC just go over these areas or do they need to be done by hand?

Thanks.

Bill D
04-27-2005, 11:09 PM
4" pads. I think some have even used the sides of the pads.

goceltics34
04-27-2005, 11:46 PM
Is using the sides ok or will it ruin the pads? Soirry for all these basis PC questions.

Murderousmind
04-28-2005, 12:57 AM
HAHAHA..

at first i thought i read "how do i polish around these hookers"?

i was like...ummm...make sure you pay them?:shocked

benpocock
04-28-2005, 03:31 AM
Try some 4" pads, but if the area is still too tight to get a PC into then I go by hand with a foam applicator and elbow grease.

I don`t really think there is an alternative?:nixweiss

Ben

imported_Denzil
04-28-2005, 04:37 AM
This is where hand polishing comes in handy.

Accumulator
04-28-2005, 11:39 AM
Yeah, you can use the edge of a larger pad and sorta "force" it into some tight spots. And sometimes a 4" pad is the answer. But sometimes you just have to do it by hand and yeah, that can be a royal pain.

I`ve often thought about what a pain Jeeps like that can be, a buddy had one back in highschool. Only *real* answer we ever came up with is to not let it get very bad in the first place. Seemed like my friend was *always* detailing his CJ5.

goceltics34- If the handles/etc. are black plastic I`ll usually tape them. But I generally just do anything I can by PC/Cyclo. If it`s paint or chrome I don`t worry much about it (unless I suspect the paint is thin).

goceltics34
04-28-2005, 02:53 PM
I guess it will be the old polish by hand technique for these hard to reach areas.

Thank you all for your help!