PDA

View Full Version : AIO question ?

stewart5484
04-27-2005, 08:06 PM
Can AIO be applied as often as one time a week and not damage the clear coat not going to do it just asking.

klnyc
04-27-2005, 08:08 PM
yup n/p!

goceltics34
04-27-2005, 08:09 PM
I believe you can use it weekly as long as you apply it by hand and without any pressure, or with a finishing pad via PC. Just lay it on there real smooth with a foam applicator or MF applicator. It won`t marr your finish or eat at your clear coat.

imported_Burlyq
04-27-2005, 08:24 PM
If I asked why? I`m sure you`d say, "because I can" so go ahead, lol. No but for real, I don`t think it`s necessary under any conditions. Basically you want to use AIO like a car wash? There are many benefits to using washes as opposed to paint cleaners on a weekly basis. Washes have lubricty and suds that prevent marring, and they don`t contain strong a** solvent/cleaners that paint cleaners like AIO has. I would say it might have negative effects if you used it that often. In a sense your asking if it`s ok to put solvents on your car weekly. I use AIO on every detail lately and it`s a good product, but IMO I think it is only necessary 3 to 6 times a year, 52 times is overkill. If you really want to find out go ahead, but I think before someone says it`s totally safe ask them if they have done it 52 weeks in a row, or 104, or 156.... After three years you just may have ruined your paint job.

Mark Waldron
04-27-2005, 08:37 PM
A trick I`ve been using lately is to put 3 ounces AIO and 1 ounce of SG to 12 ounces of water in a spray bottle. I use this homemade "quick detail" spray after I wash my vehicles and the results are fantastic. I spray it on, take a small waffle weave towel and wipe it, followed by a final wipe with a microfiber.

Glossmaster
04-27-2005, 08:54 PM
Interesting propostion, but one I must agree with Burlyq on.

stevet
04-27-2005, 10:32 PM
Try using AIO on single stage paint you will see paint transfer. It does remove paint. I would say using it once a week is not a good idea. Too much of anything is not good.

Accumulator
04-28-2005, 11:43 AM
Yeah, I too have to wonder "why". If you want to do something that frequently I`d just use Souveran or even a glaze. There are plenty of products out there that *are* safe for weekly use.

White95Max
04-28-2005, 01:05 PM
When I was working on the Honda for my Extreme Detail contest entry, I got a good deal of discoloration on my pads when I was working on an oxidized panel with AIO, but if I was working on an area that was nearly free of oxidation, I got very little discoloration on my pads. If AIO removes paint, it`s a very small amount.

stevet
04-28-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by White95Max

When I was working on the Honda for my Extreme Detail contest entry, I got a good deal of discoloration on my pads when I was working on an oxidized panel with AIO, but if I was working on an area that was nearly free of oxidation, I got very little discoloration on my pads. If AIO removes paint, it`s a very small amount.

It may be a small amount of paint but it will add up if you use it weekly. I just wouldn`t use it that often. Like Accumulator said there are other products that would be better choices for weekly use.

foxtrapper
04-29-2005, 08:22 AM
I don`t think you would damage the paint with the AIO, but you might with whatever you`re applying it with. Constantly going over the paint with a moving wheel will remove it.