PDA

View Full Version : filling bumper holes

medic
04-27-2005, 02:48 PM
A fix it ticket forced me to drill holes in my front bumper and screw in my CA license plate. Now that I`ve moved out of CA, I no longer need this front plate.

Any recomendations on filling these holes? I really don`t want to repaint the entire bumper as that was done a year ago when it was replaced, so would touch up paint work.

I really hope there`s no weird paint fade or scaring around where the license was. I guess if there is, I may need to find a novelty plate to replace my front CA plate.

kompressornsc
04-27-2005, 03:00 PM
www.bumperplugs.com

:D

Accumulator
04-27-2005, 07:32 PM
If you don`t want to go with the plugs, a bodyshop can fill the holes and maybe just reshoot the center of the bumpercover. There`s some new stuff out for repairing flex panels and it works well for this. I had the holes in my WRX`s front bumper cover patched this way and it held up fine, at least while I had the car.

medic
04-27-2005, 08:32 PM
thanks...I`ll probably go with the plugs. i don`t think my wife would like the idea of me spending anything over $100 on filling two holes. she can`t understand my obsession, but she tollerates it to some degree.

LouisanaJeeper
04-27-2005, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by kompressornsc

www.bumperplugs.com

:D

.....or just get some appropriate sized plugs from home depot/lowes for 25c and use some touch up paint on them to save the 10x markup price

Hemi57
05-31-2005, 12:53 AM
When we bought the Audi TT it had come from another state which had wide plates. The dealer the holes "professionally" filled and the area repainted.

You know, it bugs me every time I wash the TT on the 60% job they did. :grrr

Pats300zx
05-31-2005, 02:50 AM
I used the bumper plugs from bumperplugs.com on my new 350Z after buying the car from a NY dealer that required a front plate. The plugs are very high quality and matched my paint perfect.

Bill D
05-31-2005, 06:13 AM
Check out my write up (http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51463&highlight=plugs)