PDA

View Full Version : Zymol Vs. NXT Tech

Murderousmind
04-27-2005, 12:33 AM
Hey everyone!, I own a 2002 superwhite toyota camry le. I have been using zymol cleaner wax since I purchased the vehicle. It has 100,000 miles on it and may i add it looks like new still ;)...cut to the chase here. I just purchased some nxt tech wax because it claims to "give it the highest possible gloss". I am kinda afraid to stray from my "zymol" path. Is it worth it to try the nxt? or keep with the zymol?

thanks

David:bow

goceltics34
04-27-2005, 12:38 AM
NXT is an excellent over the counter product that will yield very good results. I personally haven`t used Zymol so I can`t comment on that. I have used NXT and though it looked very nice. The durability was not up to par as some of the botique products out there but it`s still pretty good.

As far as their claim to provide the "highest possible shine", well that is debatable. There are a plethora of products that can not only rival that claim but also easily surpass it. A few that I have tried include UPP, Zaino, EX-P, Wolfgang. For carnaubas they include Pinnacle Signature Series, Pinnacle Souveran, P21S.

NXT is a good start, but it only gets better. Good luck in your pursuit of "the perfect shine".

Murderousmind
04-27-2005, 12:42 AM
thank you for your reply goceltics

goceltics34
04-27-2005, 12:45 AM
No problem. That`s what this forum is all about!:woot:

termigator
04-27-2005, 08:30 AM
I wouldn`t use NXT over Zymol if you only use cleaner waxes. NXT only has slight cleaners in it to help bond with the paint while Zymol is a true cleaner wax. Don`t bother switching if you don`t clay and polish your paint. I`ve used Zymol in the past and I wasn`t very impressed with it. NXT looked nicer to me, but I polished the paint beforehand. In any case NXT`s durability has been mediocre for me. If you like using cleaner waxes, you`ll notice a lot of autopians giving Klasse All-In-One the big thumbs up. In any case, good luck with your choice!:xyxthumbs

Wasatch
04-27-2005, 09:33 AM
Try it, you may like it.

Murderousmind
04-27-2005, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by termigator

I wouldn`t use NXT over Zymol if you only use cleaner waxes. NXT only has slight cleaners in it to help bond with the paint while Zymol is a true cleaner wax. Don`t bother switching if you don`t clay and polish your paint. I`ve used Zymol in the past and I wasn`t very impressed with it. NXT looked nicer to me, but I polished the paint beforehand. In any case NXT`s durability has been mediocre for me. If you like using cleaner waxes, you`ll notice a lot of autopians giving Klasse All-In-One the big thumbs up. In any case, good luck with your choice!:xyxthumbs

no i dont polish my car really at all.

here is what i do..

1) rinse the car out of the sunlight from TOP to Bottom

2)get a bucket with eagle one wash and auto sponge (looks like a yellow fat bone) then go over the car again from top to bottom.

3) I rinse the car off using the de-ionized water method.

4) i again use the sponge/soap to get any spots i may have missed

5) See 3*

6) I dry off the car using the "Absorber" towel.

7) I then apply zymol wax to each section of the vehicle, let it dry for a minute or so then i buff it out.

**I do have automotive polish though called "perma-guard polish"

should i use the polish before the wax??:eek:

goceltics34
04-27-2005, 10:25 PM
I don`t know if you have come across it yet searching this site but downloading the detailing book will give you valuable information on how to properly wash, clay, polish, seal, and wax your car. You will learn so much from this free source. Here is the link...

It`s free!

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/freeguide.html

BottleHead
04-28-2005, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Murderousmind

I am kinda afraid to stray from my "zymol" path. Is it worth it to try the nxt? or keep with the zymol?

I wouldn`t mix products. If you decide to try NXT, then be sure to remove all of the remaining cleaner wax first.

That said, the Zymol cleaner wax is not really a Zymol formulation in the first place. The consensus is that it is Turtle Wax under license to Zymol. If you would like to try true Zymol, on your white Camry you could try the Zymol `Creame` wax. I have exteneded experience with their Creame, Titanium, and Concours waxes and have found them (the latter two especially) to be much better products than many would like you to think.

If you`re looking to move up from the cleaner wax, you might try one of those.

....BH

LouisanaJeeper
04-28-2005, 01:40 AM
neither are all that great imho

togwt
04-28-2005, 08:48 AM
**I do have automotive polish though called "perma-guard polish"

should i use the polish before the wax??

I`m not familiar with Perm-guard polish, but you would use a polish before a wax, polish usually contains an abrasive and if used after a wax they will remove it.

JonM

FWIW- Zymol formulate a well respected range of waxes (inc the ones already mentioned by BottleHead, they are just not the `Wax du jour` in US))

PS: your signiture line "Guns dont kill people, dangerous minorities do :)" may cause offense, you might want to re-reconsider its wording