PDA

View Full Version : If somebody wouldn`t mind

drshine
04-26-2005, 04:42 PM
I was wondering if somebody could go through the steps a professional car detailer would do with definitions. Like what is a wax? What is a polish? What is the difference? And many other questions.

Thanks in advance.

imported_Burlyq
04-26-2005, 04:50 PM
Welcome to Autopia, I would suggest you look around and familarize yourself with the site. Your question is very vague and would require pages and pages of typing. There are many kinds of detailers, you have show car detailing, high end, express, and flat out cheapie detailers who make money by volume. I will say polishing is a process of removing imperfections and waxing is putting a layer of protection. Two different kinds of wax, carnuba (old school) and synthetic polymer(new school). Many people have different preferences.:wavey

Lowejackson
04-26-2005, 04:53 PM
Welcome :xyxthumbs

I would download the Autopia book which might help answer your questions :up

http://www.autopia.org/display.php?file=Books.htm&s=&menu=4

Tasty
04-26-2005, 08:36 PM
I wish more people would do this lately. I`ve not been around long and don`t mean to be rude, but I`ve seen a LOT of vague questions that could be avoided by searching and reading up. I am completely addicted to this site. Sooo much info out there to absorb.

MongooseGA
04-26-2005, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Tasty

I wish more people would do this lately. I`ve not been around long and don`t mean to be rude, but I`ve seen a LOT of vague questions that could be avoided by searching and reading up. I am completely addicted to this site. Sooo much info out there to absorb.

:werd:

Yup, you gotta read. That`s the entire knowledge base of Autopia, all crammed into one post. The link in my sig will prompt you to download the guide to detailing.

togwt
04-27-2005, 11:30 AM
:welcome to Autopia

I`m sure when you asked he question you had no idea how much information would be needed to answer it. As has been suggested download / read the book and if anything isn`t clear ask and we`ll try to help

JonM