PDA

View Full Version : Simple Green car wash

Pages : [1] 2

imported_kuba
04-26-2005, 12:43 PM
my friend just used the simple green car wash on his new 2005 911 and it came out fine. i mean zero problems, and just perfect.

he clayed prior to wash and then rinsed, then washed, then rinsed and is applying some wax as we speak in his garage.

...AND...environmentally friendly, got a 2L jug for $4 (canadian) on sale at Canadian Tire for those of you who care.

what do you guys think of simple green?

or have you guys tried it?

C. Charles Hahn
04-26-2005, 01:35 PM
holycrap what?? As in the green stuff that says "Multi purpose cleaner" on it?

NO! Don`t use it, and confiscate it from your friend. You NEVER wash the car with SG. That stuff will really damage your finish over time. Ouch.

Simple Green is a good product for some jobs, but to use it as a carwash is never, never, NEVER a good thing. If I had my choice between Simple Green and Dawn dish soap to wash my car with, I`d hands down take the dawn over the simple green.

Spilchy
04-26-2005, 01:40 PM
Simple Green will strip any and all protection on the car that has been applied.

Diluted to proper ratios, it is an effective cleaner for various tasks for interior work, engine degreasing, tire cleaning, door jamb cleaning and wheel cleaning.

Do not allow it to dry on surfaces or use on clear plastic (especially on the interior).

It is very cost effective and has it`s place in the detailing arsenal.

Just understand it`s use will strip waxes and protectants.

toyota2
04-26-2005, 01:43 PM
I think he means the simple green carwash not the degreaser. I thought the same thing until I googled it.

http://consumer.simplegreen.com/cons_prod_wash.php

Later

travisdecpn
04-26-2005, 01:45 PM
Actually, they are marketing a new biodegradable car wash now, not the all-purpose degreaser. It`s available in 32 oz sizes right now, though I have not seen it on store shelves yet.

Spilchy
04-26-2005, 01:55 PM
oops :o Sorry! I thought you meant the degreaser! Then it should be fine for that new Porsche. :up

The car wash looks intersting. I`d be curious to see it in person.

volunteer1816
04-26-2005, 02:00 PM
I just went to the website and...MAN! They make a bunch of stuff that I have never seen before! Here is the carwarsh:

VOL1816

C. Charles Hahn
04-26-2005, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by travisdecpn

Actually, they are marketing a new biodegradable car wash now, not the all-purpose degreaser. It`s available in 32 oz sizes right now, though I have not seen it on store shelves yet.

OK good.... I was gonna say, that degreaser is dangerous stuff if you don`t know what you`re doing.

imported_kuba
04-26-2005, 02:32 PM
lol shiny, no it`s the car wash.

my friend is a porsche affecionado...worse than Jerry Seinfeld and also thought, if it`s good for the environment, he`ll buy it.

yes he diluted it, 3caps full for one bucket of clean evian water :) lol

kidding about the evian ;)

imported_kuba
04-26-2005, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Volunteer1816

I just went to the website and...MAN! They make a bunch of stuff that I have never seen before! Here is the carwarsh:

VOL1816

yep that`s the stuff.

really good stuff from what i saw...:bow

rollman
04-26-2005, 06:17 PM
I saw that SG shamppo or car wash soap I forget what they call it last week at Strauss auto . It was cheap I think around $4 or so . I did pick up the new SG Pro , its geared towards the Automotive world so it says. I haven`t used it yet .

imported_kuba
06-06-2005, 01:00 PM
I`m gonna use some of this stuff this weekend, so ill report then, haven`t been here in awhile too busy with other things.

imported_COBRyan
06-06-2005, 01:42 PM
Something about using anything Simple Green on my paint that gives me jitters in my stomach. Almost how I feel when I think of people who use dishwashing soap when they wash.

I`m not saying I won`t give it a try, but I`ll let others give it a shot first lol.

imported_kuba
06-06-2005, 03:06 PM
i think it`s the color that you`re questioning the product lol.

green = palmolive dish wash soap.

i`m pretty sure it`s fine and like i said, ill fill you guys in after the weekend.:up:):up

imported_themightytimmah
06-06-2005, 06:44 PM
Its good to see a high-end car owner who doesn`t buy into the marketing hype of Pinnacle, Sonus, etc. The truth is, Simple Green car soap is decent stuff, and although I still prefer Meg`s NXT, its really not that far behind the $20/750ml soaps out there.