PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars pads from Napa

imported_series1
04-25-2005, 09:20 PM
Does anybody know if you can orfer Meguiars softbuff pads from Napa? Thanks in advance for any info.

Tasty
04-25-2005, 09:24 PM
I see 3M pads available for order on their web site but not Meguiar`s. My browser screwed up though...

imported_series1
04-25-2005, 09:27 PM
Are 3m pads any good?

Steve530
04-25-2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by series1

Does anybody know if you can orfer Meguiars softbuff pads from Napa? Thanks in advance for any info.

Try O`Reilly`s.

Tasty
04-25-2005, 09:35 PM
I have no idea if 3M pads are good or not, but for what they charge for them on their site you can order Propel or even Sonus or Lake Country pads for the same price. Those brands come highly recommended.

imported_series1
04-25-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Tasty

I have no idea if 3M pads are good or not, but for what they charge for them on their site you can order Propel or even Sonus or Lake Country pads for the same price. Those brands come highly recommended. Thats what I was just checking out. I think I may try out the propel pads.

Tasty
04-25-2005, 09:47 PM
They are what I ordered from www.exceldetail.com Patrick is the guy there and he will answer any questions you have and responds to email VERY promptly. Great customer service. I also ordered some Poorboy`s SSR 2.5 and SSR 1.

imported_series1
04-25-2005, 09:58 PM
I`ve been trying to remove these scratches and swirls from my dads malibu with Meguiars Dual action cleaner polish but have had no luck which is why I`m going to be ordering pads soon. I know it`s possible to do with DACP and I don`t think I need anything with more cut. I`ve heard SSR 2.5 is easier to work with and that you don`t need to work it in to the paint as long so I may be ordering some of that now that you mention it. Any other suggestions?

Maknmony
04-25-2005, 10:12 PM
Sellncars
Originally posted by series1

I`ve been trying to remove these scratches and swirls from my dads malibu with Meguiars Dual action cleaner polish but have had no luck which is why I`m going to be ordering pads soon. I know it`s possible to do with DACP and I don`t think I need anything with more cut. I`ve heard SSR 2.5 is easier to work with and that you don`t need to work it in to the paint as long so I may be ordering some of that now that you mention it. Any other suggestions? I bought a gallon of DACP, thinking it was the next big thing. I read alot of posts about peoples experience with it. I have used it trying to clean up some spider webbing, swirls and have absolutely no luck with the DACP. I tried a whole bunch of different pads and still nothing. I found that the rotary had to get fired up and then hit it again with the PC and DACP. All is well now. DACP is a very very mild polish, and i don`t think anything else. Sorry i got off topic.

The"X"
04-26-2005, 05:39 PM
http://www.meguiars.com/DealerLocator/DealerLocator_template.cfm

MongooseGA
04-26-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by sellncars

Sellncars I bought a gallon of DACP, thinking it was the next big thing. I read alot of posts about peoples experience with it. I have used it trying to clean up some spider webbing, swirls and have absolutely no luck with the DACP. I tried a whole bunch of different pads and still nothing. I found that the rotary had to get fired up and then hit it again with the PC and DACP. All is well now. DACP is a very very mild polish, and i don`t think anything else. Sorry i got off topic.

That`s neat. DACP is the only polish I`ve ever really been able to remove any marring with.