PDA

View Full Version : White wall cleaner, what do you all use?

Maknmony
04-25-2005, 08:59 PM
Hello everyone,

I`m just wondering what everyone uses for a white wall cleaner?

Thanks,

Sellncars

Steve530
04-25-2005, 09:05 PM
I used some A2Z wheel cleaner on some tires with white raised letters. I was suprised how well it worked.

kempie
04-25-2005, 09:17 PM
I havent had whitwalls in 5 or 6 years. Kinda miss em. Anyway when I did I used Westleys Bleach White. Sometimes SOS pads.

Now I learn that either is not so good for the tire. However I never noticed any problems and the walls were WHITE.

Usually sprayed it on at the car wash and power washed it off in one smooth circular motion. Once you start spraying, from about 6" away, dont stop untill you get all around the tire.

Bill D
04-25-2005, 09:26 PM
Mothers does the job for me. I never let the white walls get dirty on the Sunday driver. As part of the elaborate ritual when I get home from the cruise, I inspect the white walls. The Mothers does a nice job touching up. I have some Michelin cleaner waiting in the wings to try out soon as well.

If you need to get fairly aggressive you might want to consider a Mr. Clean bar. At least that would be localized to the white wall specifically.

Maknmony
04-25-2005, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Bill D

Mothers does the job for me. I never let the white walls get dirty on the Sunday driver. As part of the elaborate ritual when I get home from the cruise, I inspect the white walls. The Mothers does a nice job touching up. I have some Michelin cleaner waiting in the wings to try out soon as well.

If you need to get fairly aggressive you might want to consider a Mr. Clean bar. At least that would be localized to the white wall specifically.

I`ve been using Castle products 222 APC, it does a good job on the tires, but i need something better for the white walls. I quess i can hit Autozone and see if they have the mothers, i know that they have the bleach white. If anyone else can chime in i`m willing to listen.

Thanks,

Sellncars

White95Max
04-25-2005, 09:59 PM
Mothers rubber and tire cleaner with a scrub brush has always worked for me on whitewalls and raised white letters.

Scottwax
04-25-2005, 10:31 PM
Long Haul`s Degreaser and Bug Remover and a small scrub brush works great on white walls. Very fast and compatible with QEW (as in it rinses clean with QEW.

togwt
04-26-2005, 10:02 AM
Dyna-Whiteâ„¢ Whitewall Tire Cleaner is a high pH (13.5) tyre cleaner. Note rinse well especially from alloy wheel surfaces

JonM

Bill D
04-26-2005, 10:03 AM
Never heard of the Dyna-White. Sounds too harsh for my needs. Is it available locally?

togwt
04-26-2005, 11:25 AM
http://www.castleproductsonline.com/bk_whitewall_cleaner.html

Quote: This Whitewall Tire Cleaner (Dyna-White) is a high alkaline cleaner with a blend of surfactants for heavy duty cleaning. This fast acting formula quickly dissolves grease, grime and dirt from your tires. Protects white walls tires from yellowing. Do not spray on aluminum and magnesium wheels. No offensive odor.

I was given this product by a Caddy owner, Iâ€â„¢ve found the website but I donâ€â„¢t know if its available locally. I do know it cleaned the almost black whitewalls to â€Ëœas newâ€â„¢. She told me they were white walls, I couldn`t tell when she dropped off the car

JonM

Bill D
04-26-2005, 11:44 AM
I think that brand may originate from upstate NY :nixweiss

andriver
04-26-2005, 12:38 PM
I like using Orange Blaster. Works well and cheap.

MidLife Cruiser
04-26-2005, 05:01 PM
I use a cleaner called "Awesome" I found at the Dollar Tree. It recommends diluting 2:1 for tires. I spray, I scrub, I rinse. It works for me, and I `ve had no problems. But if I had fancy wheels, I might be careful with the rinsing.

chrisx
04-26-2005, 08:51 PM
I have been told some Bath Tile Cleaner wiped over the lettering does a good job.

White95Max
04-26-2005, 09:56 PM
I just used Mothers Rubber/Tire Cleaner again on whitewalls and it worked great with a little scrubbing with a tire brush.