PDA

View Full Version : Taking it to the next level (new purchaces)

Pages : [1] 2

VandyZ
04-25-2005, 01:52 PM
Hi everyone, I am a longtime car cleaner hobbyist. I have made the decision that it was time to take it to the next level. Already I am accused of spending too much time cleaning the car and have been told that I "will probably rub the paint off the car". I thought as long as my friends and family already think I am nuts I would try new things.

After recommendations from my Zaino distributor and reading these forums, I picked up my PC 7336 and ordered 1 LC Orange, 2 LC White, 1 LC Green, 1 LC Black, Menzerna IP, Menzerna FPII, and AIO.

The main goal for me is to remove light swirls and improve the look of my cars. There are also a couple cars from the aforementioned friends that will be "treated".

I just wanted to introduce myself and say I really enjoy this forum. I think I can really relate all my fellow cleaning freaks.:wavey

Last but not least here is my main canvas that I will be working on:

http://crawfordz.com/adam/Zaino/Zaino1.jpg

http://crawfordz.com/adam/Zaino/Zaino2.jpg

grt1today
04-25-2005, 02:04 PM
You said after recomendations you placed your order. Did your zaino rep recommend AIO to you? If so :xyxthumbs

VandyZ
04-25-2005, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by grt1today

You said after recomendations you placed your order. Did your zaino rep recommend AIO to you? If so :xyxthumbs

No, that was one thing I picked up here. Seems to be popular.

He said 3M or Menzerna polishes. I ordered the Menzerna as the 3M are easier to find locally if I end up not liking Menzerna.

I have been a Zaino addict for 6 years, so I really wanted to buy stuff that goes well with it. From your response I guess AIO is good stuff. ;)

togwt
04-25-2005, 04:42 PM
A polymer imparts a silver glow, which in my opinion makes it a good candidate for silver paint. Menzerna polish, Klasse AIO and Klasse Z2PRO make an incomparable trio, with Souveran as an LSP unbeatable

(See how easy it was for me to spend your money for you)

JonM

Lowejackson
04-25-2005, 04:47 PM
I cannot really add to this thread except to say I really love the look of the 350Z - a work of art

Scottwax
04-25-2005, 04:51 PM
Great looking Z! I`ll be interested in hearing how you feel addition prep further improves the appearance of your car.

Richt
04-25-2005, 04:51 PM
350z looks lovely.

My fave combo on silver at the moment is AIO and 1z Glanz wax.

jonw440
04-25-2005, 04:52 PM
Welcome to Autopia!:wavey

I too can relate to Klasse AIO on silver. But I also add two or three coats of the Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze.

Klasse Loves Silver!!

imported_Denzil
04-25-2005, 06:04 PM
Welcome to Autopia! :wavey

Have fun keeping that Z in tip top shape. It`s one of my favorite cars. :xyxthumbs

Glossmaster
04-25-2005, 06:24 PM
Welcome to Autopia! I`d love to take that beautiful Z for a ride!! lol It sounds as if you love detailing as much as we do. You`ve come to the right place!!

Pats300zx
04-25-2005, 06:51 PM
Welcome to Autopia...From one Z lover to another...

:wavey

AutoNova
04-25-2005, 07:23 PM
#21 looks great on silver as well as Z2PRO.

VandyZ
04-25-2005, 08:56 PM
Thanks everyone! Believe it or not my Z already has 46,000 miles on it. I hope to keep it looking nice well into the 100`s. :D

Products arrive tomorrow. I cant wait!

Sig
04-28-2005, 12:48 AM
Hey cool, you must work at crawford from looking at your link. I`m thinking about ordering some stuff from there for my G35. :)

Sweet lookin` 350.

imported_Burlyq
04-28-2005, 01:08 AM
I like the IP/FPII and ZainoPro combo, I also like the AIO/Z2Pro combo, but I don`t know that I would go IPFPII/AIO/Z2Pro. If I did this I would at least z7 wash after the AIO to maximize durabilty. I would personally do the MenZerna/Pro duo when I had swirls and AIO/Pro when I did a detail but didn`t have swirls. In any case enjoy putting the Z on that Z.:xyxthumbs