PDA

View Full Version : how to remove wax from crevices?

bigsled
04-25-2005, 10:37 AM
hello all , i have read here about numerous products for removing

dried wax. i bought some 3m adhesive/wax/tar remover and was wondering how to get into the crevices around my door handles ? the areas still need to be rubbed after spraying product but i cant fit cloth into certain areas. dont those hoarse hair or detailing brushes marr the finish ? anybody have a link to a good tool that dosent marr or do i need to use a toothpick ? also, i assume the 3m will remove my ex as well ? i should hold cloth under verticle areas ??:nixweiss

bigsled
04-25-2005, 10:39 AM
fyi , the wax is on the painted surface as well as the plastic door handles and crevicies:(

togwt
04-25-2005, 04:51 PM
Q: i bought some 3m adhesive/wax/tar remover and was wondering how to get into the crevices around my door handles ?

A: Buy a boars hair brush (cookery or hardware store) place some 3Mâ€â„¢s in a small cup and gently rub the area(s)

Q: the areas still need to be rubbed after spraying product but i cant fit cloth into certain areas. dont those hoarse hair or detailing brushes marr the finish ?

A: Horse / boars hair brushes shouldnâ€â„¢t marr the paint finish

Q: i need to use a toothpick ?

A: If you want to go with this use a foam swab as opposed to a toothpick as it may scratch the paint

Q: also, i assume the 3m will remove my ex as well ? Yes

And i should hold cloth under verticle areas ??Yes

JonM