PDA

View Full Version : Black Trim Damage?

jw4984
04-24-2005, 09:27 PM
Whats up guys i have a question about the black trim on my pontiac G6. The other day i put the first ever coat of wax on it and by accident some wax got on the black trim. So i did a google search on how to get it off and came across a suggestion to use a eraser in order to remove the wax. But it didnt work and infact the next day it looked even worse. So i did another google search and came across this forum were there was a suggeston to use meguiars #39. I tried it and it worked but only on the areas where i did not use the eraser. My question is do u think that the eraser damaged the trim? After using meguiars 39 i tried mother back to black and still no luck.

Bill D
04-24-2005, 09:32 PM
Welcome to Autopia JW4984 :wavey

Two similar products that come to mind are trimonex.com ( also available on topoftheline)

and Valugard`s ETR kit from autoint.com

I believe several here have had success with the Trimonex trim cleaner, GR40 which removes wax

The ETR kit is similar and is manufactured for and OEM approved

cenwesi
04-25-2005, 06:54 AM
Or he could just use WB-40 to remove the wax ;)

jw4984
04-25-2005, 08:23 AM
The thing is that i dont think it is wax because all of the areas where there was wax came off using meguiars #39 except for the areas where i used the eraser