PDA

View Full Version : Good combo for medium swirls?

alphamini
04-24-2005, 09:08 AM
I have an `02 MINI Cooper that has what I would consider to be medium swirl marks and a few light scratches. How does this combo sound?

Wash (MGC)

Clay (MEG`s Quik Clay or Clay Magic - any difference?)

Wash

ScratchX or a rubbing compound (Turtle wax or 3M) to take care of one deeper scratch (by hand)

DACP (with a PC)

#80 MSG (with a PC)

NXT Tech Wax (should I do this with a PC or by hand?)

Is there anything that I`m missing? Should I add a sealant in there too? Which would you recommend? Thanks.

Wasatch
04-24-2005, 09:13 AM
Sounds good, you can also try PBs SSR2.5 and SSR when if needed.

Tanat198
04-24-2005, 09:28 AM
Try #80 first to see if you can remove light scraches. Start removing scratches with the least abbrasive stuff in your arsenal. MEGS always recommend this approach. I stick with it. Anyhow, I use 1Z PP and it works for me, top with NXT and #26.

Good Luck.

alphamini
04-24-2005, 09:34 AM
So I should do a section with #80 first and if it takes out the swirls skip #83 completely? Would this give me as glossy of a final result as using #83 & #80? Also, for waxing, I should use NXT and #26? Are any of these products a sealant?

White95Max
04-24-2005, 09:37 AM
Yes if #80 takes the swirls out, there is no need for #83. #80 gives a nice glossy finish.

I think NXT is marketed as a sealant by Meguiars. Apply NXT, and wait 24hrs, then apply #26 over it if you want. I think NXT looks pretty good by itself.

imported_memnuts
04-24-2005, 10:21 AM
If you go the Meg #80 route as first assault, do a isopropyl alcohol wipe over the just completed #80 polished area. This will remove any fillers and oils from the #80 and allow you to see if you completely eliminated the swirls. If so and gloss is to your liking, go directly to your LSP (NXT). If not, you probably need to try the DACP and possibly follow with #80 (heighten gloss) and then LSP.

Tanat198
04-24-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by alphamini

So I should do a section with #80 first and if it takes out the swirls skip #83 completely? Would this give me as glossy of a final result as using #83 & #80? Also, for waxing, I should use NXT and #26? Are any of these products a sealant?

Yes. test with a small section on the hood with #80 first. I would say it should be able to get rid of the medium and light swils with a couple passes. The oil in #80 will give your car a wetlook for sure.If you are unable to remove the scratches, step up to #83 and polishing pad. There`s no need to use #83 if #80 work fine for you.

After that you can apply 2 coats of NXT ( 24 hr cure time for each coat) for ensure uniform coating.

You may wanna do a research in the website about how to remove scratches. There are numerous ways to do it. Some may use different products. But you`ll get the idea/process.

Good luck

:up

alphamini
04-25-2005, 12:37 PM
I`m gonna be getting the Sonus DAS pad kit. What would be the best pad to start with for the #80? If I need to step up to #83, which pad then? Thanks for all the help so far.