PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone recommendations???

tanda4
04-23-2005, 07:00 PM
I`m looking for a cell phone, the only requirment is it must have speaker phone. Any phones with a decent speaker?

I want a Nextel, but their service is expensive. I currently have Cingular, might be easiest to stick with them.

Recommendations please?

CarsFreak
04-23-2005, 08:54 PM
My son`s cellphone from Cingular is a Motorola V551. Cost around $70.

holland_patrick
04-23-2005, 09:11 PM
nextel beep beep DONE

Eliot Ness
04-23-2005, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by CarsFreak

My son`s cellphone from Cingular is a Motorola V551. Cost around $70.

I`ve had a Motorola V400 for a little over a year (with Cingular) and have been pleased with it. A friend just switched over to Cingular and got the V551 (newer version of V400 series) and he seems to like it very well.

The only con on the speaker phone is you have to be connected to a call before you can switch to the speaker phone mode. That`s not a big deal for me since I rarely use the speaker phone feature (I like to use a headset), but it may be something that bothers you.

On a positive note, the V551 has bluetooth so you can use a wireless headset with it.

dcswd
04-23-2005, 10:43 PM
Just some more info....

My family has Cingular...

I got the Motorola V180 which was free with the sign up, other wise its probably pretty cheap. Its a base line flip phone basically, it does have speaker phone as well though. The only problem is that it isnt very loud.

We also have a V551 which is pretty nice. It has speaker phone as well bluetooth head piece that you might like

:nixweiss The speaker on it is much louder as well.

SilverBelle04
04-24-2005, 02:46 AM
I have a Motorola V220. Not an expensive phone but the speaker function works well.

Bob

DETAILKING
04-24-2005, 10:39 PM
I was going to get the 551 but it was 100 bucks. The 220 was 50 bucks but if that was the case, the 551 was prob worth it for the bluetooth. My problem with it is that it is too big for me. I wanted a small phone. They had an online deal at cingular a few weeks ago and I got the 220 for free after rebates. I ilke the phone....it has speaker, but it could be louder. You can hear it in the car if you hold it but not if u put it down on the seat. The 551 has a better camera and speaker, but for the money and size the 220 works fine for me.

Lynn Matthews
04-24-2005, 10:51 PM
I have a simple Verizon LG and it has a great speaker phone function with easy to adjust volume.

Lynn

RCBuddha
04-25-2005, 12:19 AM
Links of interest: http://www.mobiledia.com/reviews/index.html

http://www.mobiledia.com/phones/index.html

grimmster
04-25-2005, 09:04 AM
I have the v551 also, got it through work for $50. See is your company has a plan with Cingular to get discounts.

It`s a good phone, but GSM coverage in my area sucks.

crobinso
04-25-2005, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by tanda4

I`m looking for a cell phone, the only requirment is it must have speaker phone. Any phones with a decent speaker?

I want a Nextel, but their service is expensive. I currently have Cingular, might be easiest to stick with them.

Recommendations please? I`ve had the Nextel for several years now. Nextel sells only Motorola phones. You can`t beat a Motorola for quality. Most of the models have speaker phones built-in. They are LOUD and clear. (They DO wear the batteries down rapidly if at full volume, though.)

Nextel service IS expensive, but overall it is very reliable. I`ve had a few misdialed numbers that were due to fringe service, but I really can`t complain...

Charles

TheDon
04-25-2005, 08:31 PM
I use the Moto V3 Razr. Excellent phone, speakerphone is pretty good also, but I use it excelusivelt through the bluetooth set up in my car for hands free. I tried all the bluetooth models, and this is the best by far.

check this out as well:

www.phonescoop.com