PDA

View Full Version : Zaba Search

longarm
04-23-2005, 04:33 AM
Hey, I thought I`d share an e-mail I just sent out to everybody in my address book. It would be benificial to most of you to use the "OptOut" function. That is unless you enjoy your life being an open book. :eek:

Hey, I just thought I`d give yall a heads up. There is a new very

powerfull search engine out there that will give up your name, DOB, Home #, address, and a sat. photo of your house, and thats just for free. If you pay $25.00 you get that persons Report Instantly Displayed. Additional Information Includes: 20 Year Address History - Current Telephone Numbers - Bankruptcies - Legal Judgments - Current/Previous Home & Property Ownership - Current/Previous Addresses - Names and Addresses of Relatives - Current and Previous Roommates and Neighbors - Liens etc. :shocked :shocked :shocked

How scary is that? The website is called Zaba Search (http://www.zabasearch.com) . You can opt. out of this and have your current info removed. I believe it will only remove your current info. though. That e-mail address is

optout@zabasearch.com . I suggest you create an e-mail account from hotmail or something like that and use it. I was told by someone recently who was spammed heavily after using this optout. That way they can spam it all they want because your not using that account anyway. This site is very good because it listed my current phone number. How they got It I have NO IDEA! My current number is under my wifes first and maiden name. This website was brought to my attention by a fellow Deputy in my Dept. I`ll be sure to pass along thanks. I would suggest everyone use the optout option A.S.A.P.

Good Luck,

Mitch

General Lee
04-23-2005, 05:03 AM
Yeah I was briefed on the site as well. I believe it gets the info from billing records. Because if you look close enough after you hit the search button, you will see a caption saying, please wait searching for billing records.

longarm
04-23-2005, 05:09 AM
Ya, the only thing I can think of is that it got my # by it being linked to my home address. Such as my wifes billing address for the local phone utility being linked to her physical addy.

SilverBelle04
04-23-2005, 07:09 AM
amazing ...this should be illegal.

Bob